Technical rear demister!!

Currently reading:
Technical rear demister!!

IanLF

Ok so ive read the other posts about rear demister not working but they dont seem to help me much.
When i put the rear demister on the light on the buttom comes on but the window does not demist. ive checked all the conectors and they all seem fine. ive checked the fuse and it is fine. what else could it be.

Please help this weather is killing me.

Thanks Ian

Ok so ive read the other posts about rear demister not working but they dont seem to help me much.
When i put the rear demister on the light on the buttom comes on but the window does not demist. ive checked all the conectors and they all seem fine. ive checked the fuse and it is fine. what else could it be.

Please help this weather is killing me.

Thanks Ian

the heat element maybe shot

ok so where is that? how do i know if it is? and how do i change it?

Thanks Ian

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Haynes manual is poo doesn't say anything about rear demister. I will check that out tomorrow if it isn't that what else may it be?

i have 1 bar not working on a mk1 rear window, was thinking about soldering it to fix it. However the temp out side would - i think - smash the window if i use hot solder:p

2nd option i've found that i have, is to test each heater element one by one using some copper wire, omh meter & battery. - to find where the break is - if there is one(y)

Once a break has been found, you can decide the best way to repair it, i.e if it's not accessable then mabey a new window with a heat element already fitted?

My budjet is £0.00 so i have been finding the cheepest fixes that do the job as good as a garage repair(y)

A little off topic, i took my car to the garage to see if they would do the HG - the skimming part has put me off as i do not know where to send it etc etc.
They said changing the HG would be a waste of money as it doesn't need to be changed:eek: Given the fact the car is running so well and starting in the cold (-17'c) at the first turn of the key, the car is not needing any work to keep it going:confused: I've never had 1st hand exp with a garage that won't do a job.... - it's not like i wasn't going to pay them:p

ok so where is that? how do i know if it is? and how do i change it?

Thanks Ian
use a mutitester, put 1 wire from mutitester on 1 contact and the other wire on other contact, if the circuit is complete, then listen for relay clicking when u swith on demister

Back