Technical rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical rear brakes

arc

this is where i stand
when i had the rear brakes in bits for working on the hub, noticed that the shoes and drums are screwed.. they need replacing soon.

is it worth sourcing slotted drums and red dot shoes - i wouldnt normally, but since im replacing them all anyway i thought i may as well

are they much more expensive than the std kit? any got a run down on prices for the drums and shoes vs std prices?

cheers
mark

Last I heard Augusto wasn't making any new slotted drums until a decent order was put in (~10 sets or so). Best off phoning them direct, they might re-direct you to a re-seller, but at least you'll know they're available.

Could you tell me who Augusto is? bit lost on that one. I tried looking for some of these ages ago, IIRC remember tarox used to make them but don't any more. I tried looking for another supplier at the time but could not find anything. :(

Thanks

David

dave said:
i think the brakes on a cinq are good enough it suprises me every time i use mine

I disagree personally....I reckon they werent designed with 100-60mph in less than 5mins in mind!!!

peaster2k said:
Could you tell me who Augusto is? bit lost on that one. I tried looking for some of these ages ago, IIRC remember tarox used to make them but don't any more. I tried looking for another supplier at the time but could not find anything. :(

Thanks

David

Augusto Donetti owns Red Dot Racing, you'll see him in every other issue of AutoItalia :)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
When set up spot on, they work really rather well.

Ah well...im gonna solve that with some Drilled and Grooved discs and a rear rebuild

Back