Technical rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical rear brakes

arc

this is where i stand
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
19,719
Location
Manchester
when i had the rear brakes in bits for working on the hub, noticed that the shoes and drums are screwed.. they need replacing soon.

is it worth sourcing slotted drums and red dot shoes - i wouldnt normally, but since im replacing them all anyway i thought i may as well

are they much more expensive than the std kit? any got a run down on prices for the drums and shoes vs std prices?

cheers
mark
 

TBSei

New member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
81
Last I heard Augusto wasn't making any new slotted drums until a decent order was put in (~10 sets or so). Best off phoning them direct, they might re-direct you to a re-seller, but at least you'll know they're available.
 

peaster2k

New member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
1,323
Location
Washington, United Kingdo
Could you tell me who Augusto is? bit lost on that one. I tried looking for some of these ages ago, IIRC remember tarox used to make them but don't any more. I tried looking for another supplier at the time but could not find anything. :(

Thanks

David
 

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
6,978
Location
Midlands
dave said:
i think the brakes on a cinq are good enough it suprises me every time i use mine

I disagree personally....I reckon they werent designed with 100-60mph in less than 5mins in mind!!!
 

TBSei

New member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
81
peaster2k said:
Could you tell me who Augusto is? bit lost on that one. I tried looking for some of these ages ago, IIRC remember tarox used to make them but don't any more. I tried looking for another supplier at the time but could not find anything. :(

Thanks

David


Augusto Donetti owns Red Dot Racing, you'll see him in every other issue of AutoItalia :)
 

HP

I was only doing 80...
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
13,429
Location
North East
arseofbox said:
I disagree personally....I reckon they werent designed with 100-60mph in less than 5mins in mind!!!
When set up spot on, they work really rather well.
 

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
6,978
Location
Midlands
fixitagaintomorrow said:
When set up spot on, they work really rather well.

Ah well...im gonna solve that with some Drilled and Grooved discs and a rear rebuild
 
Top