General Rear brakes

Currently reading:
General Rear brakes

OP
OP
S

sammy657

Ah thats grand then lol. Just noticed that my brake warning light flashes on and off intermittenly it never used too :(

OP
OP
S

sammy657

Worried to top it up tho as i dont know what fluid was put in it before and i dont want to mix it up

hmmm it doesn't matter, as DOT4 brake fluid is the most common fluid unlike engine oil.

At least open the cap and see if there is any fluid in it. They should really check that when they changed the pads!

Ming

OP
OP
S

sammy657

Have noticed it was low a few days ago. Should i top up before they do it friday? How much is a small bottle of dot 4? Is it easy to put in?

OP
OP
S

sammy657

Ah i will do that so. Will i notice any difference for example less pedal travel? Will any brand of dot 4 work even if its halfords and is it ok to mix different brands?

Any DOT 4 will mix fine. You might even stop by the place that you're booked into and they should do it for good customer relations, etc.

Hold on, are you from the UK ???? How come u said the service cost 180 euro ?????

OR u getting the service done outside UK???

Ming

OP
OP
S

sammy657

From the republic of ireland mate. Just noticed after topping up i now have a leak coming from my rear left must be the brake system as it looks like its dripping from the inside of the tyre and down the rim. Is this a brake leak ?:( Hope its not an expensive fix only just started happening. Oh why me lol

Brooky

get it looked at asap.

not only will you loose brakes, you'll also loose paint work, and i dont know how it reacts with tyres