Rear brakes... what do i do? :(

Currently reading:
Rear brakes... what do i do? :(

Drums or discs on rear?

• Discs whey! cost more but look better

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Rebuilt Drums, aint broke dont fix it, cheaper prob.

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Have dropped you pm buddy (y)

Its more because of the fact im struggling to find parts and out of fustration i just want to get drums again :(

yet to sort out that brake union too,

Just imagained getting the parts would be alot easier/cheaper than it is :(

and lack of cash doesnt help either :eek:

not really dave, im worried if i pay silly high price for axle (£130 + p&p!) then i'll get nowhere with it and give in and go drums anyway :( :cry:

madly trying to find another source of calipers etc before i say no to the guy as i'd rather pay more and get it all done, but prob got a max of £200 budget on this fix :(

GhostWKD said:
Have dropped you pm buddy (y)

Its more because of the fact im struggling to find parts and out of fustration i just want to get drums again :(

yet to sort out that brake union too,

Just imagained getting the parts would be alot easier/cheaper than it is :(

and lack of cash doesnt help either :eek:

Should have kept your money and not bought those Hoses :) disk conversion is good Alex but if its gona cause you aggro and greaf :cry: im sure you dont need it Mate (y)

GhostWKD said:
already got aggro and greif :(

if i dont do discs in fairness i'll just regret it down the line lol :p

Put the shoes and drums back on and buy a STILO (y) :slayer:

PNL said:
Put the shoes and drums back on and buy a STILO (y) :slayer:

If the car wasn't so tidy:cool: I would of said get a Punto:p

Keep at it it will be alright on the night. (y) :slayer:

Steve

Do you need discs on the back of a cinq?

There's next to no weight on there anyway, and when you brake hard you transfer most of it to the front.

Drums wear, and it isn't always obvious to see. If you put new shoes, drums, cylinders, backplates, linkages and cable on you can lock 'em up at will and do all sorts of irresponsible things!

Makes a big difference to overall braking too, if the rears work properly.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Do you need discs on the back of a cinq?

There's next to no weight on there anyway, and when you brake hard you transfer most of it to the front.

Drums wear, and it isn't always obvious to see. If you put new shoes, drums, cylinders, backplates, linkages and cable on you can lock 'em up at will and do all sorts of irresponsible things!

Makes a big difference to overall braking too, if the rears work properly.

Well said that man (y) [must keep on the right side of pete cos hes a power crazed boss ]:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D

my only concern is that i will pay a silly price for the rear axle off this UT and then decide to give up and do drums again, cant afford to lose that much cash :eek:

Pete has given the exact reason why im thinking new drums etc too, but i think im going to stick at disc conversion though, will be worth it :cool:

GhostWKD said:
my only concern is that i will pay a silly price for the rear axle off this UT and then decide to give up and do drums again, cant afford to lose that much cash :eek:

Pete has given the exact reason why im thinking new drums etc too, but i think im going to stick at disc conversion though, will be worth it :cool:

But if Pete has given you the perfik reason to keep to the rear drum setup WHY oh WHY go to the bother of going down the disc conversion route remember you got shows coming up and you cant get there with the ass of your car up on stands :)

PNL said:
But if Pete has given you the perfik reason to keep to the rear drum setup WHY oh WHY go to the bother of going down the disc conversion route remember you got shows coming up and you cant get there with the ass of your car up on stands :)

because rear disc conversion probably exact same amount of time/trouble/cash as it will be to overhaul my drum brakes :p

GhostWKD said:
because rear disc conversion probably exact same amount of time/trouble/cash as it will be to overhaul my drum brakes :p

But are the New parts readily available :) cos I wouldnt personaly use second hand spares on any car of mine :)Ps Off topic Iv got a badge for Helz can you pass it on to her for me

Back