General rear arches

Currently reading:
General rear arches

normski c

THE BLUE BUG
right, again i am straining my not so many brain cells on wheels for my car.
was investigating 14" on 185/50 as u may know, but with what i have lowered it going to sit on the arch without anyone in back. :( even 195/45 a squeeze and the width be a killer there too!
so am interesting in rear arch extensions, anyone done this? could be fun, would enable easy fitment of 15's, could even go with 16's rear and 15's front :D lol
is it hard to do with the petrol cap and pipe so close to the rear arch?

thanks

would be a full custom job.. as far as im aware there isnt an arch extention kit for the sei. there is a hornmann one for the cinq though.. might be worth having a look as i cant see that being too much of a pain to fit to a sei.. but the hornmann kit has matching bumpers so ude have to mod the sei ones to blend in properly.

get 175/50 tyres. they aint so wide.

what about the old mini cooper arch pack?
or is it too small?
i think i'm gona get my arches rolled then see what wheels fit, if 15's fit i'll go with them just because they cheaper than 14's.
was just thinking a wide arch would look good and possibly allow a nice set of 16's with rolling diameter close to 14s with tyres.

Ive got 15s on my sei and have split the fuel breather hose, ive had to put in a thicker bit of hosing, really need to replace the whole lot stinks of petrol just after ive filled it up.

the smell of petrol although how good it is, probably best fixing that :D

and whats your 15" wheels seicent0, 6.5x15? offset?. any spacers? lowered?
arches rolled? and finally, do they rub at all? dont ask much do i :D

normski c said:
the smell of petrol although how good it is, probably best fixing that :D

and whats your 15" wheels seicent0, 6.5x15? offset?. any spacers? lowered?
arches rolled? and finally, do they rub at all? dont ask much do i :D
Mmmmmmmmmmm petrol smell :) Gonna sort it soon.

Ive got 100+ alloys, dont no what the offset it, dont think there is any spacers, its slammed not sure how much (lowered when i bought it) the arches have been rolled might get them done again when i get the rest of my bodywork sorted out. They rub alot when you go over bumps at speed and i cant really take any passengers in the back lol.
Not much help sorry :eek:

no that helps, that tells me that lowered what i have and 15's dont go, might just roll arches and stick to my 14" selection then i'll have no rubbin and the wheels will fill the arches :D

yours is lowered like a bitch though is it not??
u not gona roll the old arches??
i also fancy 14x6 minilites ;) be copying you :p
a wee mini john cooper version was beside me the other day and they look amazin on it, think they were same size as yours.
i'm stuck between 185/50r14 and 195/45r14 though because 195 wider which bit of problem but 185/50 make overall diameter bigger!! (i.e more chance of scrubbing)

if it was meant to go fast it would have a turbo'ed 1.6 as standard ;) lol
thats y it only got 54 second hand ferrari horses in it :p

this wheel lark really pissing me off and the price of 185/50 tyres :eek:
SCANDOLOUS!!

will see what happens after bug gets his make over ;) (starts tommorow, dont tell anyone :p)

Back