Technical really need help with rattle from engine?

Currently reading:
Technical really need help with rattle from engine?

rick76

hi all i have a 1997 punto 1.2 8v 60sx when the engine is cold it runs very quite through all the gears it has plenty of power. the strange problem i have is when the car reaches operating temerature the engine starts rattling quite loud the rattle increases when i rev the car but does not do it on tick over it starts around 2000rpm it defenatly is from the engine but no idea where it's coming from. the car has fsh it has no misfires runs smooth even when rattling i hope someone can help it's driving me mad? thanks in advance i have done a search checked heatshield done cambelt+tensioner and full service done but it's still doing it.

i guess no one can help? well what a completly S**T forum. i was told this site was good but i have posted several times regarding the problem i have with my car loads and loads of views but no help cheers? am sure i would of got loads of replys if i were to CHAV up my car with silly huge exhausts or daft lexus lights or oversized wheels or daft airfilters etc it seems this is all this site is about.
any person with a standard car with a genuine mechanical problem can't get any proper expert solutions to there car problems because i have searched through so many posts similar to mine with suprise "zero" replys.

i don't rate this site nor will i recommend it!(n)(n)

cheers

i guess no one can help? well what a completly S**T forum. i was told this site was good but i have posted several times regarding the problem i have with my car loads and loads of views but no help cheers? am sure i would of got loads of replys if i were to CHAV up my car with silly huge exhausts or daft lexus lights or oversized wheels or daft airfilters etc it seems this is all this site is about.
any person with a standard car with a genuine mechanical problem can't get any proper expert solutions to there car problems because i have searched through so many posts similar to mine with suprise "zero" replys.

cheers

You got it wrong mate. This is a great forum with some of the best people on it. Im having the same problem at the moment along with an oil leak and a water leak. I guess its one of those problems which is difficult to diagnose. Im no mechanic but there are so many bits to an engine that could cause your rattle.

cheers
Well thats no way to get help is it? Anyway see if this helps. Change the oil and the oil filter. If the filter is blocked it may reduce oil pressure and as its thinner when its warm it may not be circulating properly with reduced pressure.

Well thats no way to get help is it? Anyway see if this helps. Change the oil and the oil filter. If the filter is blocked it may reduce oil pressure and as its thinner when its warm it may not be circulating properly with reduced pressure.

Let us know how you get on mate. As I said earlier, Im also trying to figure this one out.

Is the heatshield covering the manifold tight (the silver foil looking thing first thing you see when you open the bonnet? Check the bolts are tight and all the bolts are doing something, - (the headshield often corrodes through and the bottom bolt holes get too big for the bolt heads)

Be patient, people volunteer on here in their own time, its only been 1 day since you posted the topic originally. Plus people will be more inclined to help you if you dont fire abuse at them!.

I know you said this is a sound coming from the engine but is the sound there if you depress the clutch. I am thinking perhaps the thrust bearing might be on its way out ?

Jesus christ what a ***** bitch
If no one can help they won't bother replying, So no one who has experienced the problem has come along yet.
Acting like an asshole and throwing a tantrum because you didn't get what you want is really stupid :S

firstly i would like to sincerly apologise for my outburst i was wrong to go of like that.the car is really fustrating me and really need help i use it for work and need to get it sorted. (and yes quite childish writing stupid stuff like that) before i owned the punto i owned an omega and if problems arose i posted on vauxhall forum and got replys in either few mins or hours.just thought no one could help? if anyone could help (after my outburst) the tapping sound is deffo the engine only starts when engine reaches temperature and is quite loud. it starts around 2000rpm and gets faster the more the engine is revved.

once again i was out of order been a t**t

Back