Technical Really Confused now!

Currently reading:
Technical Really Confused now!

fordy

Established member
Ok so i have started my car and i have noticed that the breather pipe to the rear of the airbox from the cam cover is SUCKING and not blowing!
this isn't normal is it!?!
what can cause this and why is it doing it??

Thanks
Andy

ok just done a search and am i correct in thinking that on a cold engine the 1108cc draws air in through the breather pipe and once warm it blows air out?

any help would be great - Thanks

I wouldn't be too shocked, if it works, leave it alone! The pipe that draws hot air when cold is the one on top of the exhaust manifold. When the engine is cold, to warm up faster it takes in hot air from that pipe (as its on top of the exhaust manifold). Once the engine is hot, a thermosensitive switchythingy allows the vacuum in the inlet to actuate a valve which switches the hot air feed to the cold air feed which goes to the front of the car/cross member.

The pipe coming out of the camcover is a breather, I wouldn't worry if it is sucking or blowing, just as long as its all working and not leaking anything (y) Hope that got you a bit less confused :)

if you remove the front of the air box and stick you finger to the back drivers side onto the breather pipe it sucks there and also through the oil filler hole and the oil dip stick as well!

so uberconfuzzelated

Back