Real dilema.....

Currently reading:
Real dilema.....

dont get a bmw, you will only be up peoples arses on motorways :D

get something else instead, i personally dont like bmw's after we had a lot of problems with ours.

out of the merc, bmw, audi, lexus cars we have had the gs300 and the s8 were the best (y)

the bmw just kept breaking, and the merc that we have now has a warning light every other week :rolleyes:

As was told by the police when there was a discrepancy on the number plate on my Range Rover Sport, (it had a private plate when it was bought, and the insurance company didn't change their details to the correct plate, so the proper plate came up uninsured, and the private plate was still insured), they went through my policy with me, and I was told that trade policies work different. I was also told that I could have driven an uninsured vehicle for up to 14 days.

I can tell you that that the trade policy works in the same way as a normal policy. It is ILLEGAL to drive on the public highway uninsured. - Even if you were allowed 14days uninsured driving (which you are not) this still doesn't mean "your friend" can drive the car.

Non of your story fits, I'm not sure why I've been posting on it really. I'm all for a bit of speed - but on the track not the road. If your "highly skilled friend" really knew about fast driving, then he wouldn't be racing on a public highway.

It's a shame your local police haven't been informed about this, lucky for you I'm nice and wouldn't report someone off this forum. I am disgusted though that someone can drive at 160/180 on the road. Let alone that road...

Tom

I don't really want something too big if you get me. The Audi size would be the S3. The one I had was really nice, but I got it cheap through Warrington Audi because it was a cancelled order. I'd begrudge paying £30k+ for one.

There isn't really anything in the Lexus family to suit me, and the Mercedes would be the C Class and I'm not keen on the C Class Coupé.

To be honest, if I do get a new car, I do want it to be compact, and I want the luxury, and the 1 Series and ST-3 came out on top. Is there anything else that could take me?

let your friend drive, or drive uninsured and this might :D

nterror102.jpg

alternatively, what about the new volvo c30?

Have you seen the 1 Series coup? From the pics, it looks like a mini 3 Series coup.

whats the point in having the overpriced 'mini' version when you could get the real proper one?

The 1 series coop would always be a disappointment when the 3 series version is streets ahead in comparison

Last edited:
whats the point in having the overpriced 'mini' version when you could get the real proper one?

The 1 series coop would always be a disappointment when the 3 series version is streets ahead in comparison

all the reputable reviews of the 1 series coop that i have read say that its a fantastic drive :confused:

unless you needed the space in a 3 series....

all the reputable reviews of the 1 series coop that i have read say that its a fantastic drive :confused:

unless you needed the space in a 3 series....

What he's saying is the 1 series is very nearly as expensive as 3series. So if I HAD to buy a new BMW I'd defo go for a 3series over a 1 anyday as its better value for money.

Not like I'd ever buy a new BMW I don't want people thinking im a highly strung stuck up biff before they even talk to me :rolleyes:. The only BMW I'd ever own would be a 3 Series E46 330d M Sport.

I fail to see what the dilemna is!
You say cars bore you, so shy give a rats ass what you get?
May aswell get an old banger if they bore you!(y)

What he's saying is the 1 series is very nearly as expensive as 3series. So if I HAD to buy a new BMW I'd defo go for a 3series over a 1 anyday as its better value for money.

For the same spec in a 3 Series Coupé, it's 8.5k more, and that's an extra 8.5k I haven't got.

I fail to see what the dilemna is!
You say cars bore you, so shy give a rats ass what you get?
May aswell get an old banger if they bore you!(y)

If you were to be getting a loft conversion done by my company, and I turned up in an E reg Fiesta to price up the job and take measurements. Then someone from another company turns up to price the job in an executive car, I'd look like a cowbow in comparison. And if you had the money sitting round waiting to be spent, would you want to get the best that you can afford?

Also, I wouldn't say my Fiat is rotting away. The fluids get changed every 6 months, and it's washed once a week.

dsc08387bi7.jpg

Wouldn't say it looked in too bad a condition, would you?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you were to be getting a loft conversion done by my company, and I turned up in an E reg Fiesta to price up the job and take measurements. Then someone from another company turns up to price the job in an executive car, I'd look like a cowbow in comparison.

Id rather see someone in this business turn up in a white van with adverts on the side promoting the company then either an ST or a 1 series or even an e reg fiesta as theyd both look like cowboys in either car to me, one just knows how to spend their dodgy money better than the other

Last edited:
ever thought about a vito sport x v6 cdi with the 3.0 engine.

or the transporter van with the 2.5 tdi engine they had on top gear a while back :D

that would look better then turning up in a 1 series coupe, and what if you have to carry a load of junk around :confused:

i can see now why you need a nice car....

but i still fail to understand why you say "cars bore me" when you have a perfectly good nick 20vt coupe, with an aftermarket exhaust you put on; and its sitting in your drive doing nothing? :confused:
if you actually didnt care, you would have sold it ages ago.
and may i ask how you managed to aquire it when you were 18? never mind insure it....
either something is not adding up, or you have dual personalities?

anyway, just buy a beemer then, job sorted, and you dont have to worry about these boring cars anymore :idea:

i can see now why you need a nice car....

but i still fail to understand why you say "cars bore me" when you have a perfectly good nick 20vt coupe, with an aftermarket exhaust you put on; and its sitting in your drive doing nothing? :confused:
if you actually didnt care, you would have sold it ages ago.
and may i ask how you managed to aquire it when you were 18? never mind insure it....
either something is not adding up, or you have dual personalities?

anyway, just buy a beemer then, job sorted, and you dont have to worry about these boring cars anymore :idea:

The Coupé was bought because I just wanted it. I was working for the Department of Works and Pensions as a supervisor. The only way I could insure it at the time was under my Dads name. It was with CIS insurance on an any driver policy. It was just over £3,000 a year, and it worked out at £302 per month. Then when the policy ran out, they stopped doing that type of cover, and it was looking like £5,000 a year for insurance. Just because I've got no interest in cars, it doesn't mean I don't look after my possessions, that's why the fluids are regularly changed. I used to have an interest in cars, hence the work that's been done on the Coupé. But I've grown out of all that now. I'll never get rid of it though, because it was the very first car that I bought. I've still got my very first pair of drum sticks, and they stay in my stick bag, but they're never used because they're badly warped.

Last edited:
ever thought about a vito sport x v6 cdi with the 3.0 engine.

or the transporter van with the 2.5 tdi engine they had on top gear a while back :D

that would look better then turning up in a 1 series coupe, and what if you have to carry a load of junk around :confused:

I've got 3 Berlingo's all with the company logo's on. But because I'm not a trades man, I haven't got any tools or anything to carry about. I'd only be there to measure and estimate a price.

Back