Real dilema.....

Currently reading:
Real dilema.....

I'd love an Audi estate :eek:

The silver A4 was my work horse.

It's a 1.8T S Line. I done 15,000 in it in 3 months. All that happened with it was, it got serviced twice and it went through a set of tyres. Really nice car to drive, a lot better than the saloon.

The black 56 plate one is a 3.0 TDi S Line, that was the first brand new car I ever bought.

The first black one is a 53 plate RS6. Epic car! Only had that for a few days. £90-£120 a day on fuel annoyed me.

Last edited:
The silver A4 was my work horse.

It's a 1.8T S Line. I done 15,000 in it in 3 months. All that happened with it was, it got serviced twice and it went through a set of tyres. Really nice car to drive, a lot better than the saloon.

The black 56 plate one is a 3.0 TDi S Line, that was the first brand new car I ever bought.

The first black one is a 53 plate RS6. Epic car! Only had that for a few days. £90-£120 a day on fuel annoyed me.

love the RS6... was just talking to someone about one of them a couple of days back.... but yes the fuel costs keep me away. there is a couple of them on my road and i always stare dreamily at them.... funnily enough one of them had been parked on a drive and the lights left on so i (being a good neighbour) knocked on the door to let the guy know only to find he had also left his house/car keys in the door...:devil:... sadly my conscious kicked in and i pointed them out as well :rolleyes:

The headlights on mine stayed on for a couple of minutes after you turn the ignition off.

Same on the Range Rovers as well. They're called "Follow me home lights".

Because cars bore me, doesn't mean I can't own one. And it's a decision that I'm having trouble making. New car, or a flat with my mates. It would be nice to have a new car for work, but it would also be nice to be able to have a nice little set up with the box of.

So I've simply asked people opinions on the matter as to what they'd do, to see if that can ease my decision a bit.

I work from home, and would work from there. So I really wouldn't have much need for car.

It would be nice to have a new car for work

Is it just me or is something not adding up...

Also for someone who is 21, you've had quite a number of cars (whether through a business or not) that would be very difficult to insure.

Don't tell me you have fleet insurance as I know that this is very expensive as it is, and I believe doesn't cover under 21's

No offence meant, but it just doesn't ring true to me.

Tom :)

seems a little bit strange :D

is it the company 'you work for' cars :p

if i did that, id have said i have owned 3 or 4 mondeos, a few focuses, a connect van, and a ford ranger :rolleyes:

and my mum and dads s-class lol ;)

Is it just me or is something not adding up...

Also for someone who is 21, you've had quite a number of cars (whether through a business or not) that would be very difficult to insure.

Don't tell me you have fleet insurance as I know that this is very expensive as it is, and I believe doesn't cover under 21's

No offence meant, but it just doesn't ring true to me.

Tom :)

I work mostly from home at the minute, I own a building maintenance company, I have a team of builders that I get work for.

I don't go out to view any of our work, but would like to inspect, or even go to price up some of the work myself, rather than just being sat at home bored.

I was insured by Royal Sun Alliance, they where underwritten by a company called Comp U Car, who where underwritten by Crownsway (based in Birmingham). Although I had to deal with my broker, Jerry, who own Motor Trade Insurers, just off Scotland Road in Liverpool. The policy was in my business partners name who is now 30, and I was a named driver.

This is a scan of an old insurance certificate.... I've taken out the other names on paint... I don't know why.... but I did...

insurancetj1.jpg

I paid my share of the insurance myself, I'm not sure what the others paid, but it cost me £1885 for 10 months. Because I was 20 at the time, I was restricted. I couldn't drive anything worth more that £250,000 for personal use, and £1,000,000 for business use.

Now enough about my past cars, and please help me decide on this....

Last edited:
I take it the business no longer operates?

To stay on topic, I say the Beamer but only because my dad used to have a 7 series and I loved it lol. There's nothing special about a Focus ST, maybe wait till the Abarth is released.

Tom

Last edited:
Me and my business partner had a personal fall out.

We parted companies and no longer speak.

Have you seen the 1 Series coupé? From the pics, it looks like a mini 3 Series coupé.

And I've started to hear people have been having little niggles... Although I'm not sure what they are. My mates are pressing for the flat as well. But the one they want is right in the city centre, that can be a good thing for convenience, but also a bad thing for noise....

Me and my business partner had a personal fall out.

We parted companies and no longer speak.

Have you seen the 1 Series coup? From the pics, it looks like a mini 3 Series coup.

And I've started to hear people have been having little niggles... Although I'm not sure what they are. My mates are pressing for the flat as well. But the one they want is right in the city centre, that can be a good thing for convenience, but also a bad thing for noise....

I was born in L'pool, lived in Childwall for about 7 years (moved down with fam, not on own lol), pop up now and again to see family. I wouldn't live in the centre, nor with mates lol - I know it sounds like a laugh, but what happens when you get bored of them drinking your booze, leaving the flat in a mess etc.

For the money you're looking at spending I would reccomend you use it alot more wisely. The 1 series is severely over priced, you could get a second hand Z4 for less, or an Abarth (yes I like the Abarth a lot lol).

Ps. Tell your ex business partner that he hasn't published his accounts, he'll incur a late fee. - Learnt that the hard way :eek:

Tom

Surely a flat in a city centr is going to be more of a long term investment than a car? Theyre very different purchases.:confused:

I know.... I've been getting letters about it. Haha!

The flat they like is on Victoria Street, above the Living Rooms.

The only reason I want a brand new car, is simply the fact that I like the warranty.

Plus, now I'm not on a trade policy, to put a car on my "fleet" insurance with the vans, I think they'd be funny with what they'd cover would they not?

Back