Reading Fiat Manual

Currently reading:
Reading Fiat Manual

Colin Weston

Hi, I have downloaded the Fiat Ducato 250 eLearn manual which has a .rar extension. I burnt the files to a DVD but my computer wont currently read this type of file. When I have looked at a suitable download for reading .rar files my anti-virus warns against downloading. Can anyone recommend a known safe download for reading these files?
Thanks

Hi, I have downloaded the Fiat Ducato 250 eLearn manual which has a .rar extension. I burnt the files to a DVD but my computer wont currently read this type of file. When I have looked at a suitable download for reading .rar files my anti-virus warns against downloading. Can anyone recommend a known safe download for reading these files?
Thanks

hi Colin , and welcome to FF,

see if you can edit the heading so .rar is visible,

you should then have a better informed answer..,

good luck,
charlie

Search for .rar on sourceforge.

.rar is a common Windows compression format, but there are a lot of very dodgy unrar utilities out there.

Sourceforge will be safe, open source, and free. Google will find sourceforge.

Unrar the file -- see what kind of format the result is in. Get back.

Last edited:
+1, .rar is similar to .zip, except Windows can't handle it natively. Download WinRar from here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

It's a free trial, just has a nag screen once the trial expires. Once you've unrar'd (unzipped) the file, right click and click properties to check what kinda of file it is. If it's anything other than a PDF, be suspicious of it. I'd be virus scanning it before opening anyway.

+1, .rar is similar to .zip, except Windows can't handle it natively. Download WinRar from here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

It's a free trial, just has a nag screen once the trial expires. Once you've unrar'd (unzipped) the file, right click and click properties to check what kinda of file it is. If it's anything other than a PDF, be suspicious of it. I'd be virus scanning it before opening anyway.

Most likely it's an .iso file, designed to be burned to CD.

Back