Technical Raukstern´s 500F -65 rebuild -The Questions

Raukstern

Hi Guys,

I hope you all think this is ok. I´m starting a thread for the Questions I run into in my rebuild. Questions I can´t find the answer too in any other whay.
This is to separate the questions from the documentation of the rebuild and also because questions seem to disapear in a thread like that.
If this is out of line, moderators are free to remove it.

First batch:

I´m gonna need to remove/replace both the front panel and the trunk dish.
How much of the stability of the chassis is dependant on these?
I have seen pics of 500´s with both of them revoved, but cant determine the support of the car in these pics.
Is is ok to remove both? I mean, the front panel needs to be gone to get to the trunk dish properly, right?
(My car is for the moment on stands.)

I´ve seen front panel removed, with the rivots drilled. But how in **** do you get to these rivots inside the trunk? I tried to fit my regular drill in there and there is NO WAY to get to with my hands and a drill :cry:
Any special tools or techniques?

/Humbly, Seb

OP
OP
R

Raukstern

No takers on the first batch of questions, but I wouln´t be detered :)

Does anyone know if there are LED "Angel eyes" to find for the cinquecentos? I know it´s a tad much "styling" over it, but I think it might look sort of retromodern...

As I´ve said earlier, I havn´t decided on the direction of my rebuild yet, still exploring posibilities ;)
But the car below is a stance I enjoy.

Attachments

• angel eyes.jpg
    angel eyes.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03232.jpg
    DSC03232.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 9

lazylobster

In a word. Yes.

D'Angelo posted a car with these very funky lights fitted. Looked good. I asked the price. Then, when I came around from passing out and had a stiff drink, I started to almost feel normal again :eek:

700 euros . . . .

Not on their web site. But drop them a line

https://www.dangelomotori.it/en/

OP
OP
R

Raukstern

In a word. Yes.

D'Angelo posted a car with these very funky lights fitted. Looked good. I asked the price. Then, when I came around from passing out and had a stiff drink, I started to almost feel normal again :eek:

700 euros . . . .

Not on their web site. But drop them a line

https://www.dangelomotori.it/en/

Thanks Lobsy, will check them out (y)

OP
OP
R

Raukstern

It seems the plastic casing for the speedometer is hard to come by, is that something you guys can confirm?

I´ve seen refurbished complete speedometers expensive as high end drugs, but not just the plastic casing.
My speedometer works fine, but unfortunetly I have a piece missing in the casing. I guess I might be able to repair it with some kind of filler and then paint it, but thougt I´d ask you guys first.

/Seb

Attachments

• 20201014_183808.jpg
    20201014_183808.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20201014_183814.jpg
    20201014_183814.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
OP
OP
R

Raukstern

Replacent parts for the B-pillar, does anyone now if is available anywhere? I can´t find it on the sites i know about.

My right hand B-pillar is in bad shape and I would like to replace it if I can.

Attachments

• 20200216_124219.jpg
    20200216_124219.jpg
    867.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200301_135756.jpg
    20200301_135756.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11