Technical Rattling noise behind speedo!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Rattling noise behind speedo!!!!!!!

D-Stilo

Just been on with the dealer - Parkgate Garages Belfast.

The car was in 2 weeks ago getting some other things checked, front tyre wear, hand brake, accelorator ( any of these sound familiar ?!!!!)

Still making rattling noise - service manager doesn't think this is covered under warranty? I'm sure I read a thread somewhere about this exact problem being fixed under warranty??

Can someone help me out please? i'm taking the car down this avo to take the mecahnic for a spin.

Cheers

D

I had a rattling noise behind the dash on my 1.6 Dynamic - it turned out to be a component - or some sort of panel - behind the dash that had come loose. It was covered by warranty.

It could be a couple of things. 1. The dashboard rattling against the bulkhead. 2. If its there when revving stationary look at the rev counter, Its probaly the rev counter itself, or someting else , but without seeing ?????

Took the mechenic for a spin. he reckons there's 2 big air ducts under the dash that feed the vents in the centre. One of these is loose. It's booked in for next wednesday morning. i'll keep you posted. Thnaks for the comments!!

Just picked up the car from the garage. Apparently the air ducts in the dash were loose, these have been tightened up. handbrake cable and one caliper need replaced, so back next week for that!!

Cheers

D

Back