Technical rattling 130

Currently reading:
Technical rattling 130

EAGP

My 130 has just about come up to 9000 miles and has developed a rattle on start up, sounds to me like the hyd. tappets dont pump up for a few seconds on start up !
Anyone else have this feature:eek:

My 130 has just about come up to 9000 miles and has developed a rattle on start up, sounds to me like the hyd. tappets dont pump up for a few seconds on start up !
Anyone else have this feature:eek:

I am not being rude but:

1. Check your oil level (On the dipstick). Is the oil totally BLACK - as I think it will be. If so, change the oil (& filter) for a fully synthetic turbo-diesel oil. (Nothing wrong with Halfords oils - you don't own a 350bhp diesel monster....)

2. Have you owned the car from new? If so then take it back to the stealers for them to bear the cost of an oil change - which is what any reputable dealer would do before challenging you.....;)

Yeah i have checked the oil level :rolleyes: its not 6 months old yet :eek: guess its a trip to the dealer again(n)

Yeah i have checked the oil level :rolleyes: its not 6 months old yet :eek: guess its a trip to the dealer again(n)

Good man. Thats what your warranty is for. The fault could be any number of things. Make sure that when your dealer telephones you, claiming to have fixed the problem, when you collect the car - insist that before you accept it, you can test drive it with the dealers technician along side you. If you accept the car as fixed - or even say that you are happy to aforesaid technician, you will have problems in the future. Just say "It appears OK for the moment".(y)

Will do , ta Mike(y) the poor thing does about 300 miles a day and so far has been faultless :D even the dealer has been very helpful so far ! having come from years of VW,s i have been impresed with FIAT service so far;) fingers crossed it will continue ....

Mark(y)

Out of curiosity, how did you get on? Also was wondering does this particular engine have hydraulic tappets, had thought the 8 valve diesel unit in this car did not have a hydraulic system. Sure I read in the service booklet something about checking valve clearances.

Back