Technical Rattle from heater fan

Currently reading:
Technical Rattle from heater fan

My heater blower (manufactured by Denso) was making budgie noises and I followed the guidance on this forum by squirting the commutator and spindle end with a fairly meagre amount of GT85 (essentially WD40 with added Teflon) and that cured it........................ but just for almost 3 months!

The squeak came back and then, before I got a chance to try another squirt of WD40/GT85 the fuse blew. I tried replacing the fuse and it went again after less than a minute. I popped the blower out and it all looked OK but couldn't really get at the commutator ring to see if there was a build-up of carbon causing a short-circuit.

To cut a long story short, I decided to investigate replacing the Denso blower unit. I struggled to find the part number on ePER but did manage to find a brand new comaptible Denso part number for the blower. As I don't think I am allowed to post a link to the site I then Googled the Denso part number and found a brand new blower for just £33, including shipping and minus their discount code for new customers. This was at a UK website that is actually a front for a German company. This was almost a tenner less than my local breaker wanted for a 2nd hand one so I grabbed it! It took a wee while to sort out whether I had the right part ordered from them and an extra day, or two, to come from Germany. A brand new blower has now arrived and has been fitted and my new fuse has been holding up for a week now.

If it helps, for a 2006 1.3 diesel Panda, without air-con, the Denso part number is DEA09060 and that is a direct replacement for the OE FIAT blower, part no 77362537. This unit will probably fit any Mk3 Panda (2003 – 2012) without air-con, but you will need to double check that for yourselves.

Please note that there are other manufacturers that make compatible blowers but the Frigair and Magnetti Marelli ones seem to be significantly more expensive than the Denso - which was what had been originally fitted anyway.

Back