Croma rare 2.4 very cheap £1,095.00

Currently reading:
Croma rare 2.4 very cheap £1,095.00

why would you sell a car without an MOT so cheap for the sake of a couple of tires ?

apart from being a bit high on the mileage its a very nice car for the money

where does it say all it needs is 2 tyres? have you phoned him.
109k isnt high mileage for a croma

Is this another of the Bristol taxis?

not the same seller i thought all the taxis were bottom spec silver 1.9s

Different seller from the taxi ones
Just needs tyres, steering rack and exshaust sorting really...
description is very bad what about service history? Cambelt and water pump?
Judging by exterior condition it could be a non caring owner and yes is cheap but it could be a money pit with all things to put right that have not been mentioned!

Needs 3 new tyres (1 is an advisory), a new steering rack too (advisory). It's got a few dents too. I think his price is about right.

Realistically, 4 new tyres, at least £200. New steering rack?? Plus a new front part of the exhaust at least £100, but who knows what the rest of the exhaust is like.

Nice spec and a rare car 2.4 auto.

Stewart

It’s fitted with 10-spoke alloys requiring 225/45ZR18 spec tyres … sourcing tyres at £200 a set would be an `interesting’ decision.

It’s fitted with 10-spoke alloys requiring 225/45ZR18 spec tyres … sourcing tyres at £200 a set would be an `interesting’ decision.

£57.26 if you buy the ones I've got. £122 inc VAT and delivery for two.

http://www.tyretraders.com/tyreInformation|ItemID|ACC22545R1895YPHI.html

http://www.eptyres.com/
(warning - has music, don't open in the office!)

Been running them for well over a year. No complaints at all. Made in Indonesia, not China or India.

I'd buy that car, no hesitation. The exhaust flexi will be the problem (a few of us have just changed ours). Not expensive to sort. The windscreen could be done under any insurance policy for nothing (repair) or an excess (replace). Steering simple enough to fix. Presumably he's aiming at a £1000 offer, that makes the Bristol taxis look very poor.

Last edited:
Tyres are 105 each for cheap kuhmos.the exhaust section is just short of 200.god knows on the rack.it will be a dog.the price says it all,i value my 2.4 a lot higher than that.

Its an auto. Tempting!

What the auto boxes like on the Croma Dave and MPG on the diesel with the auto box :confused:

the modern auto drives lovely, not sure about reliability though, i found out mine had a brand new box a couple of months before i bought it.
maybe because it never had a fluid change though as its supposed to last for life, many members are changing their fluid though, so that may make the boxes last for life

Road tax for the 2.4 is £270 per year. A bit steep for my tastes - the 1.9 manual is £170, 1.9 auto is £250.

Back