Rant!

Currently reading:
Rant!

Something New You All Maybe Never Knew.

Undertaking is not restricted to an attempted overtake from a Near Side Lane.

Undertaking is an attempt to overtake from anywhere on the road. You can undertake some in Lane 3 even if they are in Lane 2.

If you have an accident while undertaking there is direct point of blame as when overtaking you should not hang around in a persons blind spot, nor should the travel along side them for more then necessary.

Whether a collision happend while you were attempting an overtake from the NS or OS will not dictate who is at fault for the accident and you are more looking at a 50/50.

Stuart DemonD said:
You are allowed to undertake in slow moving traffic, say coming up to roadworks - if the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left!

This is more like a highway code violation, but if the Police saw you do it persistently, they would pull you surely.

Of course you can undertake! What happens when you come across some muppet who decides to hog the middle lane and refuses to move over? It's them that are driving without due care and attention, not you driving recklessly! ;)

StiloSport said:
Of course you can undertake! What happens when you come across some muppet who decides to hog the middle lane and refuses to move over? It's them that are driving without due care and attention, not you driving recklessly! ;)

in the MIDDLE LANE :chin:

id say you go into the outer lane and over take them :p

Undertaking gets on my last nerve, some woman decided to do that to me this morning, right before forgetting to look over her shoulder and see i was there and pulling over on me at 80mph!!!.. i don't love the way i drive to work as it is!
Report them.. just so u can feel smug..
;)

Claire

offtopic.gif
but clairelee,how you doin' ? ;)

serin said:
in the MIDDLE LANE :chin:

id say you go into the outer lane and over take them :p

Why should I go from the first lane to the outer lane just because someone feels the need to stay put in the middle lane? :confused: I don't quite follow what you're getting at...

Admittedly I too would be lazy and stay in the first lane! Or if I feel energetic, pull alongside them on the left, wave and pull a face, brake sharply, move around them on the right and pull another face, wave again then speed off into the distance :eek:

I'd been forced to over take someone and slow down in front of them indicating left to see if i can get them to move over....

It's annoying. And it's obvious they don't know how to drive on the motorway.

I've found a new motorway annoyance, and that's friggin BMW drivers sitting in my damn blind spot on either side... they slow just enough so you have to overtake, then they speed up and sit where you can't see em.

Back