Rant!

Currently reading:
Rant!

right im driving back from work today via the local asda. as im at the lights some old guy(obviously confused)is indicating right then left then right then finally left.
i give him a toot when lights change and of we crawl(volvo 440 :yuck: )
behind me is a red suzuki swift.

as were going down the road towards the next set of lights the swift decides to overtake me. no real problem as im in no hurry but this **** decides to do it whilst approaching a blind crest of a hill with an island in the middle.

now if i hold my position he has 3 options.
plough into the island
plough into the side of me
plough blindly head on into opposing traffic

i braked hard and passed on my opinions in sign language for the deaf and clinically stupid.

unbelievable,i as going left at the next set of (RED!)lights and he was going left. i was so close to getting out of the car but in the mood i was in it was only going to end in one outcome :eek:

this coupleed with 3 paint transfers on the car this week from idiots in car parks.2 red ones(maybe they were trying to add to the VAD logo :( )
and a rather strange one on the tailgate in black and white right down the length of the rear glass.

really thinking that i should just leave the bodywork as is (looks okay from a distance)as if i had got the car kitted and sprayed this week would have fecked it.

on another note is there any point in passing on the details of the swift to the rossers?

rant over :eek:

custard boy said:
on another note is there any point in passing on the details of the swift to the rossers?

satisfaction only... and the possibility it may be dealt with if you do.

I had a rather bad road rage incident last ngiht (they pulled out in front of me at a traffic island then stopped in the middle of the road causing me to slam on the brakes DESPITE my indicating which way I was goign around said traffic island), only to find myself following the person in question home, to find they were visiting someone who lived a couple of doors down from me. I hid in the car until they went indoors :eek:.

always worth a phone call to police, it might not be the first time they done something stupid on the roads, could result in an accident next time, a telling off might do them the world of good

my dad does it all the time, he a jp so he got a hotline to someone high up, so maybe that is why they take action :confused:

he also gets a phone call back saying what action will be taken

ever since I put that bloody FF sticker on my boot I get people riding up my arse thinking im some kind of boy racer, I'm ripping the bastard off cos it makes me mad as a hatter.

Just the other day someone undertook me on the motorway....well you can imagine I wasn't impressed.

custard boy said:

Round here the rozzers are getting heavy on the in car scally drug dealers... so call the police and say you saw them dishing coke out to tiny tots, and see how they're walking the next day... mondo satisfaction, and they might be a little lighter on the loopy juice peddal in future. :D

The Jim said:
Just the other day someone undertook me on the motorway....well you can imagine I wasn't impressed.

On the hard shoulder? If they undertook you because you were in the middle lane and the left hand lane was clear then what have you got to complain about :confused: I do it all the time to ignorant folk blocking the middle/ fast lanes.

The Jim said:
ever since I put that bloody FF sticker on my boot I get people riding up my arse thinking im some kind of boy racer, I'm ripping the bastard off cos it makes me mad as a hatter.

what was you doing in that lane then?

The Jim said:

It isn't stricktly illegal to undertake on the motorway. It depends on the circumstances. It just gets frowned upon and people just presume it's illegal. :rolleyes: ;)

You are allowed to undertake in slow moving traffic, say coming up to roadworks - if the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left!

This is more like a highway code violation, but if the Police saw you do it persistently, they would pull you surely.

ian stilo 1.6 said:
havent ya heard your only allowed 10pints then you cant drive

No in the first two years is 6 pints after two years you should have gained experience in handling pints while driving so you're allowed up to 11 pints anymore pints then you get bannnnnnneed :p

Undertaking is not Illegal, it's Careless or Dangerous Driving if you do it... yep, you guessed it, carelessly or dangerously.

Sometimes Lane one is the quickest way down the motorway.

It would not necessarily be your fault if someone side swiped you while you were undertaking as the responibility is still on them to observe before manouvering and they to could be done for careless or dangerous driving.

Back