Technical Random Immobilizer

Currently reading:
Technical Random Immobilizer

shredcov

Hey Guys!
My GP is awesome but this little problem makes it unreliable and annoying.

Every now and then, at the most random times my immobilizer will be activated when trying to start the car.
The padlock symbol will turn on after putting the key in and so prevents to even start the car.
It was okay for two months or so but now the problem came back twice in just 2 weeks.
Even after an hour of waiting and trying it will still be activated. But then just the next moment i can start it up like there was nothing.

I have a GP from 2006
1,3 l MJet Diesel.

Already tried solutions:
Battery off for about an hour
Both keys won't work
Parking it in a heated garage (against moisture in the electronics)

I also read the error codes in the ECU.
The first time it showed various connection failures between the ecu and some sensors. That was when i got the car. I cleared the errors to see which would come up the next time i had the problem. But this time nothing. No error code whatsoever.

I don't know how to continue.

Does anyone have even the slightest clue?

I'd appreciate every little hint!

Hi buddy,

I've literally just had this fault with my car, Everything pointed towards a new battery as a lot of the lights came on as well as the immobiliser light came on. 60 Euros later & still no change.

First things first ensure you have checked your earths are okay, Andy Monty has a post reference this, I believe there is one on the chassis leg (under the coolant expansion tank) one under the air box (ECU earth) and i believe there is two just behind the battery. if all these look okay then take the NEG battery terminal off, put a jump lead onto a shiny clean art of the engine & then to the negative terminal of the battery, this will rule out whether it is a bad earth.

Secondly if not then check the fuse box, ensure there is no moisture, water, anything that could be causing a short somewhere that could be messing with the transponder code to the inhibitor ( immobiliser)

The fault with my car which cost me 300 euros was one of the cables out of the fuse box, follow it up towards the plastic cover, one of them had actually been cut through.. its pretty close to the battery, follow the windscreen washer jet pipe, adjacent to that.

Hope this helps somewhat,

regards,

Jack

No problem at all, hopefully this will help.
Where in Germany are you?
I live in Herford, just moved over here since the end of march.

Kind Regards,

Jack

I live near Oldenburg.

Unfortunately your hints didn't bring me any further.
Fortunately i gave everything a new try, battery, ECU and the keys. Turns out it's the key.

I tried it the first time the problem occurred but back then none if the keys worked. Now i'm pretty sure the key with the remote is somehow broken. The other one works like a charm.
I feel slightly dumb for not trying earlier.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)
Enjoy Germany! It -can- be really nice here ;)

Back