General Rally Cinqy

Currently reading:
General Rally Cinqy

Daniels

Hi all

Just letting you no about our little rally we did at the weekend in my cinqy ! The Drystone Road rally ,What a great event this was to 140 mile of white roads with a few forest and suprises in store, The cinqy did well on the rough white roads of derbyshire and held its own on the tarmac agaist bigger cars.

All was going well untill the co-driver decided to get ill JUST 20 MILES INTO THE RALLY !!:bang: and that was that it was driving blind as he slowly got more sick .Then he forgot about a caution on the notes and i hit the biggest pot hole and smashed the O/S front alloy ,We so it was a quick change and kept going but by the time we made it to the fuel stop and the Nav had been sick a few more times we was OTL big time so that we it out of the rally (n) .

Have a look at our pic on M&H PHOTOGRAPY

www.mandh-photography.co.uk/events/Drystone2008/080719_019.htm

So if you can read a map and no how to Co-driver and DONT GET SICK pm me lol

Dan

Last edited:
Sure is fun (y)

We need more cinq's out there on rallys great little car ,With low running cost which is good

unfortuneatly not my cars forté. it'd be quick for sure, but probably wouldn't be up to regs - and would be next to uselss as soon as you come off the tarmac!

Saw the pic earlyer! The to women compeating in the blue saxo are friends of mine

Might do mine to road rally some day, when i have some money! its alrady got spots on it!

Well if your ever in Wales and need a nav give me a shout, itd be a laugh! Compleatd on 10+ event and never been ill! (yet)

No lids or intercom?

Incase people try too hard?

It is supposed to be based on a navigational exercise, and the cars are not allowed to be multi coloured, must be standard bodywork etc etc.

ie not look like 'rally cars'

These events are technically legal, but sometime skate a wee bit too close to the wild side. I am saying no more!!

Cheers

PD

lol a wee bit yes , some of the top boys would of been flying around,i didnt see 30mph on the speedo lol but thats our secret

Well it is an avarage of 30mph, with the stopping in give ways, and controles and all its a bit of a challange. And it is on road where the speed limit is 60, and when you think about it its quite a bit down the narrow lanes. As said it is more of a navigational exercise, what with the plotting, time cards and shouting the corners off an OS map its fuuuuun :D

Think that event had plot and bash as well? the drystone, never done it but i think that would be something that would challange my stomack!

Well it is an avarage of 30mph, with the stopping in give ways, and controles and all its a bit of a challange. And it is on road where the speed limit is 60, and when you think about it its quite a bit down the narrow lanes. As said it is more of a navigational exercise, what with the plotting, time cards and shouting the corners off an OS map its fuuuuun :D

Think that event had plot and bash as well? the drystone, never done it but i think that would be something that would challange my stomack!

We do navigational rallying at this end of the world, which is all plot and bash, and clocks at BBC time.

Cheers

PD

Yes there was some plot and bash and yes some of the white used were small but bloody great fun , ,Just stripped the car down last night all wheels off etc give it a good clean.

That will be 3 wheels damaged lol:eek: out of the 4 lol !! Lesson learned get reinforced tyres for the next one.Apart from that the car looks ok no other damaged. Next rally the Mercian Road rally in sept come down for that one rallycinq should be a good one !

Back