Technical radio

Currently reading:
Technical radio

mycarvan

hi everyone newbie--have 1.9 scudo 2001 radio wires have been cut no radio is it hard to connect another radio

Nah shouldn't be a problem mate unless you take it to halfrauds, there policy is can't fit unless working stereo in place! If it has been cut before the connecting block i am breaking a van which still has this wiring in place. weighing it in this week, so you can have it for cost of postage

I binned mine die to being fookes and got tihis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271683563122?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I just cut the block off. I never noted the colours but get a multi meter and check yourself. You will have one live with ignition off and one will only work with ignition on. The one working when off is for the likes of the radio station memory as you wont it to switch off with ignition. Label these wires and your new radio will also tell you what wire are what. The other will be black for earth and your radio may have a yellow for an electric aerial. Oh sorry. Some motors like my Pug its a fatter brown for constant live and red for ignition live. Think my last ford was the same.
Only crap thing is working out what wires are + and - for the speakers. Unless you are willing to pull a speaker out to have a look i would just make sure the two are wired the same way as the new radio will tell you what is + and - You will no doubt have the wiring for four speakers from the radio so if you never had extra ones fitted just use what the radio says is front or F speakers. Any trailing wires i tend to stick a small bit of tape over the ends. Overkill but that is me.

BTW. 5 min job (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back