Technical Radio woes

Currently reading:
Technical Radio woes

Joystickbluez

Hello all

so for the past month, my 2015 fiat 500x has been having issues with all the radio stations except radio 1. The problem is that these stations will fade in them be clear then fade out not come back then it will repeat the process. Can anybody offer any help to me?

Hello all

so for the past month, my 2015 fiat 500x has been having issues with all the radio stations except radio 1. The problem is that these stations will fade in them be clear then fade out not come back then it will repeat the process. Can anybody offer any help to me?

Mine had a week doing the same. Some stations were fading but a couple were fine. Then it all seemed to come back after about a week. I’ve no idea why it happened. A Fiat quirk I think?

only problem is they were working before now they went away and wont come back

Are you referring to DAB or FM? I lost all of my DAB stations (FM fine), no amount of retuning brought them back. A new uConnect head unit and aerial fitted under warranty sorted it and no issues since

How could I tell if is dab of FM? Sorry if it is a stupid question

Like this

IMG_3256.JPG

Sounds like a possible aerial problem. Although the aerial looks like it is one piece, it isn't. The AM/FM services use different filaments within it. One could have corroded.

I'd first clean the connector but failing that...

If you're still under warranty, naturally you should try a dealership. However for a couple of quid on fleabay, it may be worth a punt.

Got back to my car this evening for the drive home, have list all my pre set DAB station and FM won’t say which station it’s tuned to! How can I get back DAB not working at all!!
This car is driving me nuts[emoji848]??

I once lost all my DAB stations and couldn't retune it. Dealer replaced head unit under warranty. Meantime, park up somewhere you usually get a strong signal and try to retune your DAB radio. If that fails, and FM doesn't fix itself a trip to the dealer may be in order.

I once lost all my DAB stations and couldn't retune it. Dealer replaced head unit under warranty. Meantime, park up somewhere you usually get a strong signal and try to retune your DAB radio. If that fails, and FM doesn't fix itself a trip to the dealer may be in order.

Your advice worked, both working again! Wonder why both went offline! According to volt-meter if it can be believed battery was ok and hadn’t dropped.

Back