General Radio Problem

Currently reading:
General Radio Problem

all against bush

hi there all..
Ive just got myself a lovely 03 stilo jtd 115 and have a small question about the fitting of a new stereo, ive seen a few other posts but they dont quite answer my question, i fitted a woodstock dab 52 and after figuring out there was no 12v ignition line on the standard iso connection i shorted it on the main 12v line to get it working (not to fussed about having to turn it on and off manually)
but now heres the problem... i get loose connection alarms when ever i have the stereo turned on, its fine if i turn it off and its fine if i put the standard one back in.. so im a bit lost as the stereo was fine in the last car. (citroen)
is the ecu looking for a return signal for the stereo to say..."hello im here and workin"?? and is there a way to turn it off..

any help would be great as i cant stand not having music and can stand beebs and warning every 30secs or so...
thanks in advance...

took the 12v from the standard 12v supply on the iso lead to the old stereo and just linked it to the ingition 12v required for the stereo. the stereo work fine and sounds great. but when its on i get the loose conection fault?? how odds that???

Rather odd; maybe it's drawing too much power and the car is confusing this to a loose connection?

You sure all wiring is secure? What fuse have you got on the fusebox for the Radio?

just to let you all know i solved the problem.. there is no ignition 12v on the dam car.. so i just shorted the perm 12v and we are cool.. just have to remember to turn the radio off or i'll flatten the battery.. and you have to disconect the 2 signal wires from the iso connection cos that throws up some funny faults cos it cant see the radio.

Back