Technical Radio problem

Currently reading:
Technical Radio problem

Rob N/West

Hi all , I've just joined this forum because I have bought my daughter a stilo for a birthday present. The main reason for buying a stilo was because I wanted to buy something as new as possible, as cheap as possible , ended up paying £1950 for an 02 1.6 activ with aircon. Did about 60 miles in it last night ,seems to be fine apart from a couple of niggles, the sensor fault is one but it has been very low on fuel, a light behind the heater control flickers, but the worst one is the volume / on off button on the radio does not work. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you get it repaired and what did it cost, many thanks Rob

the radio is on at a low volume, the volume control does nothing and if you push the button in the centre nothing happens

Rob N/West said:
the radio is on at a low volume, the volume control does nothing and if you push the button in the centre nothing happens
You may find the low volume is just MENU setup option (look for MAX VOL.) but aside from that sounds like a duff unit.

I'd treat yourself to a new unit off eBay.

I thought as much , there is a unit on ebay the same at £40 inc p/p or a cd/mp3 unit at £82, will i be able to get the old one out with some home made prongs from a coat hanger ?

I've never changed mine but there are loads of threads on here from members who have (use the search feature)

The MP3/CD unit sounds a good bet and the job should be a lot simpler if you keep to an original Fiat unit.

Cracking price for the motor BTW (y)

I got mine out with 2 pieces of coathanger wire and 2 DIN keys (bent to fit!) Took about 5 minutes.

To be fair, the stilo HU aint that great and you can pick up better for not much less, just fitted the £80 sony to my mrs saxo and its great value for money.

That and a stilo facia panel, fitting yourself will set you back less than a ton, and its not a fiat HU.

makes sense. Ive seen the fascia adaptors on ebay about £15 with a spare compartment underneath. She ( my daughter ) has got a decent HU in her old nova which is destined for the scrap yard. Do the original connectors just plug in to the HU and what happens to the display of r/station in the dash , does it just disappear or does this throw up yet another sensor error message

Rob N/West said:
makes sense. Ive seen the fascia adaptors on ebay about £15 with a spare compartment underneath. She ( my daughter ) has got a decent HU in her old nova which is destined for the scrap yard. Do the original connectors just plug in to the HU and what happens to the display of r/station in the dash , does it just disappear or does this throw up yet another sensor error message

You lose station data on the dash when you go to an aftermarket head unit. Fitting the unit is easy with the help of FF. When you do it search on head unit in the Stilo/Ice section for clues or just post here.

Back