Technical Radio Cd and Radio Cassette interchangeable ?

Currently reading:
Technical Radio Cd and Radio Cassette interchangeable ?

pandaforpops

Derek
Hi
I have found a genuine Fiat Panda Blaupunct CD radio at a breakers very reasonable, firstly are they interchangeable, and secondly is there any way of knowing whether it's the MP3 version other than the mp3 logo on the facia.
Thanks
Derek

Hi
I have found a genuine Fiat Panda Blaupunct CD radio at a breakers very reasonable, firstly are they interchangeable, and secondly is there any way of knowing whether it's the MP3 version other than the mp3 logo on the facia.
Thanks
Derek

All MP3 units have it on the front I believe. If it hasn't then it won't be.

You might have an issue fitting it in an active as the panda headunit normally requires a canbus connection, which isn't present in he active iirc. If this is the case when fitted the unit will just display CANCHECK.

Best way to find out is ask if you can try before you buy at the scrappy, fit it in their carpark and see what happens (y)

If car will recognise it, it will demand its code to be entered, for the car computer to accept it. Radio won't work otherwise. So only useful if scrappy has the code in the car.

I think there's a thread on here where you can get the code, but may take some time, not convenient whilst at the scrappy.

Just looked at my original unit, its a double-DIN, bluetooth unit as standard on the Alessi. (I've got my own Blaupunkt Nav unit in the car) Unit does not state mp3 on the front face, but does on a paper label on the right side, readable only with the unit out of car.

So here's the plan I really need to pull the Radio unit at the scappies have a look for Mp3 logo external or internal label I do need it to play mp3 files, copy serial number come home look up radio code, then go back to breakers and try it all out, that's the easy, the hard bit is getting the breaker to agree to it all, oh and of course check if connections are compatible, does an after-market CD radio have to be compatible with this ere' canbus ?
Many thanks
Regards
Derek

Here again just done some relevant searching, it seems that the Radio CD's are not interchangeable, I think the best way is to go for an after-market one.
Time for bed !.
Many thanks
Regards
Derek

Here again just done some relevant searching, it seems that the Radio CD's are not interchangeable, I think the best way is to go for an after-market one.
Time for bed !.
Many thanks
Regards
Derek

I'd go aftermarket, far bett overall quality and youll know it'll do what you want it to (y)

Thanks MEP that was the decision I had come to, I am used to a good standard system in my yaris and I reaally do need mp3 cd playback got loads of em', but I have a feeling that the after market HU will be better than the std speakers, and it's such a job to get to the speakers and whilst I have the faulty winder door in bits well we shall see.
Many thanks
Derek

So after a bit more thought and research, the speakers (after-market ones that is will need adaptor thingies, so that is something else to consider.
Regards
Derek
ps.
I'm sure I'll get there in the end !

Hi Everybody
I decided to put this problem to bed, although it was more expensive I decided to buy an after-market audio unit, as well as being CD is mp3,wma & wav compatible, I now have an Aux, USB and ipod inputs, but since I am unlikely to join the looks more than price brigade, then that bit doesn't concern me, a plus point is that I have found that my Active has speakers in the back as well, next is to head towards remote central locking.
Another story that.
Many thanks to all the help provided by members of this forum.
Best regards
Derek
thumb.gif

for future reference, :)

I've put a punto CD in a 2004 Active ,

and have got the CANCHECK message - hence looking here.., ;)

was hoping to put it in a Marea - obviously pre-CANBUS:eek: -so unlikely to work.. at least I know now., (y)

( interestingly - CD from a 2007 active plays fine - no code required)

Charlie

Last edited:
Back