Technical Radiator Leakage

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator Leakage

tomferreira

Hi there,

My girlfriends 99 Punto 1.2 8v overheated on the M4 recently and subsequently blew the head gasket. I have replaced the gasket / cambelt and now there is a drip coming from the bottom right hand corner of the radiator. It's difficult to see where the leak is coming from. Does anyone know a likely fault. It doesn't look like a hose or the reservoir, would it be the radiator itself??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

i had water leaking from my punto60s. i went to halford and bought this stuff called radiator seal for about £2-£3. just pour it in to the radiator and it works a treat.

never had a leak sinse:)

they also have this other thing you could buy which seals head gaskets and some other thingzzz..cant remember rite now but its somme gooood stuff. just pour in to your oil resevior.

i had water leaking from my punto60s. i went to halford and bought this stuff called radiator seal for about £2-£3. just pour it in to the radiator and it works a treat.

never had a leak sinse:)

they also have this other thing you could buy which seals head gaskets and some other thingzzz..cant remember rite now but its somme gooood stuff. just pour in to your oil resevior.

Coolant reservoir (header tank) might work better... :D

It could be a weep at the bottom hose. You'll have to get under the car with a rag and a torch, to wipe away any water and see where it's coming from.

If the rad is holed, radweld may patch it.. but it's no substitute for a new radiator. You can probably get through winter.. but next Spring I'd have a new rad in there.

Ralf S.

Back