Technical Radiator for faclift Punto

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator for faclift Punto

mrnolegs

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to report that my 2004 Punto passed its MOT. I was really happy about that ! I have since discovered I now have a leaking radiator.

It seems to be leaking from somewhere at the bottom of the expansion tank. I noticed that it was leaking when the needle on my temperature guage went up just over the half way mark all of a sudden and I pulled over to have a look. I could see coolant running along the metal frame(think thats what its called) from the bottom of the plastic radiator expansion tank which is attached to the side of the radiator. For illustration purposes I have put a diagram from Ricambio which shows where its leaking highlighted in yellow. Not really sure if this is the correct radiator.

D2l9fVUE35nHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

My problem is that I can't seem to find the correct replacement radiator to purchase. The shop4parts.co.uk website shows 2 model types for the 2003-2006 facelift model Punto:

Valeo type oem code 51724188
and Magneti Marelli Type with oem code 51724183.

Does anyone know which one I should buy ?

I've looked for a part number on my current radiator but I can't find one.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.

I think they both fit. The difference betwen them is at dimensions Width [mm] Thickness [mm] Height [mm], I think very small difference. You could mesure your current radiator and compare measurements with the ones of those two, you can find them in technical specs.

Thats a good idea to go and measure. I'll do that and compare with the 2 types of radiator.

Many thanks.:)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to report that my 2004 Punto passed its MOT. I was really happy about that ! I have since discovered I now have a leaking radiator.

It seems to be leaking from somewhere at the bottom of the expansion tank. I noticed that it was leaking when the needle on my temperature guage went up just over the half way mark all of a sudden and I pulled over to have a look. I could see coolant running along the metal frame(think thats what its called) from the bottom of the plastic radiator expansion tank which is attached to the side of the radiator. For illustration purposes I have put a diagram from Ricambio which shows where its leaking highlighted in yellow. Not really sure if this is the correct radiator.

D2l9fVUE35nHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

My problem is that I can't seem to find the correct replacement radiator to purchase. The shop4parts.co.uk website shows 2 model types for the 2003-2006 facelift model Punto:

Valeo type oem code 51724188
and Magneti Marelli Type with oem code 51724183.

Does anyone know which one I should buy ?

I've looked for a part number on my current radiator but I can't find one.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks.

They should be fit I believe shop4parts are just showing you the options they have unless there's something listed in the information box that says only for xxx moddel

That is correct judderbar!
I had this problem with the new radiator I bought, the left side (as you face the car) screw holes were different positioned. I kept the radiator because it was new and nice, not expensivd, Denso make and I made myself 2 aluminum adaptors and I'm still using that radiator. This is how it looks like, the upper adaptor is more visible, the same is the lower one, only mirrored:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    920.1 KB · Views: 16
Back