General Racing your Cento

Currently reading:
General Racing your Cento

There have been a few threads on here recently about driving at excessive speeds on the open highway.

If any Cento owner wants to thrash their cars legally and without fear of prosecution, then join your local Car Club. You don't have to have a fancy car to join in, and all clubs are looking for new members.

If anybody wants to come along to see what its about, providing you are not hundreds of miles from the West of Scotland, there is a grass autotest, being run by Scottish Sporting Car Club, at Lugtonridge, on the A736 Barrhead to Irvine road, just south of Burnhouse.

The event starts at high noon.

Cheers

D

Autotesting is regarded as one of the best ways to learn car control. Safe too - speeds never reach 30 mph!

oooh sounds good, im just outside Edinburgh and have always fancied something like that!...dont want to embarrase myself on Knockhill though :D

smurfhead said:
Huddersfield Car Club is good like that too. If anybody wants more info pm me, or bung it in google.
Most car clubs put on events for club members or members of clubs in the same regional association. So any member of a club in the Association of West of Scotland Motor Sports Clubs, can usually take part in any event run by a member club, if you get my drift.

Join in, you don't have to compete at first. Watch, marshall, timekeep, whatever, but get involved. No one will turn you away.

Cheers

D

Would have loved to come along to this but going up to aberdeen for a few (to many) beers :dead:

When is the next event?

would be happy to do somthing to help with the running of the event.

could get a few of the edinburgh area centos and convoy across

or you could try hill climbing

my dad and i are time keepers at Harewood HIll climb and we get to see all sorts of different kinds of cars there.

well worth joining and classess start from 500cc plus so even an 899 could join in.

if you really wanted to

MDB said:
Would have loved to come along to this but going up to aberdeen for a few (to many) beers :dead:

When is the next event?

would be happy to do somthing to help with the running of the event.

could get a few of the edinburgh area centos and convoy across
Next event 28th August, same venue, shorter grass.

All welcome to attend.

Cheers

D

I go to Harewood Hill!!!

Do you know Martin Baker (BARC Treasurer) who has raced a Golf for the last two meetings?

dillinger39 said:
or you could try hill climbing

my dad and i are time keepers at Harewood HIll climb and we get to see all sorts of different kinds of cars there.

well worth joining and classess start from 500cc plus so even an 899 could join in.

if you really wanted to

Back