Styling Racing seats in a 3door stilo

Currently reading:
Styling Racing seats in a 3door stilo

Diggielaaad

Stilo 1.8 Interested in changing front seats to some sporty ones.... Just wondering what i would have to do about the ocs and airbag wiring underneath and any other problems...

Cheers

far as i know not alot? if you leave the connector off, you get a warning come up on the dash telling you that theres a fault with the airbag. now i'm not sure whether this imobilises the other airbags or not but you can just ignore the warning if you press the menu button (i think?) theres a very nice chap on here called VOLXSTU and he's done the very same thing in his?

Thanks... Do you know if i could get them disabled on the computer so it gets rid of the warning?

i don't know for sure but i would seriously doubt it? the ECU would only reconise that the air bags are either connected or not and if its not it may well just gives a default warning on the dash? i'm not sure whether you may be able to fool the ECU into thinking that the airbags are on? like somehow conecting whatever part of the airbag system up and leaving it under your new seat??

i'm not sure whether you may be able to fool the ECU into thinking that the airbags are on? like somehow conecting whatever part of the airbag system up and leaving it under your new seat??

The parts you would have to leave connected are the head airbags and the OCS (if fitted). The OCS could be left connected under the seat but it could be "interesting" if the airbags were left under the seats and fired during an accident. Ejector seat maybe???

The airbag ECU is pre-programmed for whether the car has 2, 4, 6 or 8 airbags and an OCS or not. It will check for the correct number of airbags and OCS each time the ignition is switched on and give a warning if they don't match. Perhaps one of the airbag ECU repair companies can re-program it to exclude the OCS and front seat head airbags.

Back