Race for Life??

Currently reading:
Race for Life??

charmed103

New member
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
1,018
Location
Back in sunny?? Derby
Any girlies planing to do the race for life this year??

i did it last year with a load of my mates and it was a rite laugh, unfortunately I can't do it this year with being in oz, but will still be raising funds as always.

if any girlies interested the website is www.raceforlife.org

it's great u get a fab medal and everything for completing it, my friend jody dressed up for the occasion and was the official warm up person he used to be on the big breakfast so he likes to think of himself as a celebrity lol, he also ran for starlight childrens charity as well, he did the london marathon, he was a bit hot after he'd finished!!!!

Two in Derby this year 6th n 7th May at Darley Park

Nottingham - Voctoria Embankment sunday 4th two times

30th July - Home Peer Point

Pics from last year, please excuse my state!!
 

Attachments

  • sarah & rox.jpg
    sarah & rox.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 14
  • jody.jpg
    jody.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
5,034
Location
NW London
charmed103 said:
i was quite impressed with myself only took me 40 mins, not the fastest admitidly but not bad, considering most of it was uphill
What!? run uphill!?

I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

Now London to Kent or vice the otherway round in a motor at 2am in under 40mins, that I can dooo :D
 
OP
OP
charmed103

charmed103

New member
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
1,018
Location
Back in sunny?? Derby
Trancendental said:
What!? run uphill!?

I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

Now London to Kent or vice the otherway round in a motor at 2am in under 40mins, that I can dooo :D

yep, with just over 2 ks to go turned round the corner and there was the hill, it had been raining so it was muddy as well, it killed nearly killed me to do it but I did!!!!

it was a laugh, shame i wont be here for the next one:(

but where I am going is even better:)
 

EmSpem

New member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
1,356
Location
Teesside, North East England
YES - I'm doing it in June - already enrolled and have got my no thru.

Will be the 4th year of doing it. First year I walked it with my friend's mum who was ill, 2nd year I ran it in 27 minutes last year I ran it in 23 minutes - I'm aiming to do it in 20 mins or under this year. I've already started training for it now - I'll have to run a min of 15 kmph to do it in 20 mins or under - phew - The end of our run is uphill too - the last 1km then the last 500 m is uphill on a gravel drive - yes gravel - it's torture but brilliant fun.

I'm also planning to do a half marathon in July so the Race for Life is like a walk in the park in preparation for that!!!!
 
OP
OP
charmed103

charmed103

New member
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
1,018
Location
Back in sunny?? Derby
EmSpem said:
YES - I'm doing it in June - already enrolled and have got my no thru.

Will be the 4th year of doing it. First year I walked it with my friend's mum who was ill, 2nd year I ran it in 27 minutes last year I ran it in 23 minutes - I'm aiming to do it in 20 mins or under this year. I've already started training for it now - I'll have to run a min of 15 kmph to do it in 20 mins or under - phew - The end of our run is uphill too - the last 1km then the last 500 m is uphill on a gravel drive - yes gravel - it's torture but brilliant fun.

I'm also planning to do a half marathon in July so the Race for Life is like a walk in the park in preparation for that!!!!

wwo hoo yeah, wish i was fit enough to do it in under 20 mins!!!!!

I loved it!!!, like i say wish i could do it this year but I will be fund raising for my mate who is and will donate some money instead(y)
 

EmSpem

New member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
1,356
Location
Teesside, North East England
charmed103 said:
wwo hoo yeah, wish i was fit enough to do it in under 20 mins!!!!!
Well Im not at the mo but hopefully will be in not too long a time. I would have done it last year if my shin splints hadn't flared up - tis so painful makes u feel sick :( Hope your mate does well and raises loads of money.

I've done my online sponsorship page already bit early I know but I'm getting excited about it already - its such a great atmosphere.
 
Top