Race Floor?

Currently reading:
Race Floor?

a davies

hey i want to get rid of my mats in my car and get proper aluminium race flooring, but i dont know how easy it is to install, can any 1 help me witht eh fitting directions, what is best to cut the shape and then attatch it to the floor, or shud i use that easy cut pvc look alike stuff, just thought make it look cheaper thats all, pls help me thanks aaron

bes off with the pvc stuff if you ask me.. easier to cut with a stanley knife and doesnt necessarily need bolting down.

using the real stuff will mean making a template and then cutting out with a jigsaw. as for bolting down.. i dont know. i wouldnt wanna be going and making any holes in the floor though.

a davies said:
hey i want to get rid of my mats in my car and get proper aluminium race flooring, but i dont know how easy it is to install, can any 1 help me witht eh fitting directions, what is best to cut the shape and then attatch it to the floor, or shud i use that easy cut pvc look alike stuff, just thought make it look cheaper thats all, pls help me thanks aaron

Hi mate have you considerd the extra weight you will be adding to your car and the cost of ally sheet well lots of cash for that as ally isnt cheap if you go ahead you should be able to cut the ally sheet with a good quality jig saw to fit the ally sections make up templates first out of card board and then transfere the pattern to the sheet Job Done(y) fixing wise you could either stick in place or rivert but be carefull where you are drilling the holes and seal around all holes under neathto stop rust forming

if i had enough left i could make you some up but seriously they're not that heavy depending on thickness, the plastic stuff just looks gash and tacky mate lol

In race cars they have a little bit as a clutch foot rest and a bit as a heel pad, so it shouldn't cost too much materials wise if you can get an offcut from somewhere; buying a full sheet would be overkill IMO...............

Use something like tigerseal to stick it down securely - the last thing you want in a crash is bits of metal flapping about :eek:

Had this in my hill climb car, all i used was the alloy tread plate, alloy folded it to make a ridge and rivetted it to the floor, only used a minimum of it.

Back