Technical R200 OXO hgt Punto no.4 not firing

Currently reading:
Technical R200 OXO hgt Punto no.4 not firing

Hi new to forum only signed up after buying this hgt Punto abarth apparently she's been here before R200 OXO Julian cann and Peter plummer. problem being no firing on cylinder no.4 so what I've done is swapped spark plugs and coils with no joy. Compression tests show no.1 at 189psi no2 at 189psi no3 at 195psi and no.4 at 200psi. Looking inside the cylinder no4 is full of coked up deposits. I have removed ecu and taken to BBA who were very helpful in showing me out the door and sending me on my merry way. Am I overlooking the injector as this is the only component(ish) that I haven't swapped from cylinder to cylinder. Engine management light flashing most of the time sometimes on all the time or not at all. I only have code reader and think it was random misfire no.4 any help or previous info from someone that knows this car R200 OXO would be much appreciated

Might be worth getting MES and the cable/s to connect to a Laptop, IIRC MES has a test for coils which would presumably show up any faults in those or the ECU.
You've swapped Plugs and coils, what about the HT leads ? could be an insulation breakdown on HT leads causing the issue.

Definitely no HT leads has individual coilpacks. This is a 180r hgt with supposed heavy modification a one off built road car rebadged as a 200r Hitachi engine management

Attachments

• IMG_20171003_190212.jpg
    IMG_20171003_190212.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Definitely no HT leads has individual coilpacks. This is a 180r hgt with supposed heavy modification a one off built road car rebadged as a 200r Hitachi engine management

Thats correct.No HT leads, just coilpack for every cylinder .
I wonder what they are selling in that site!!!!!!!! :confused::confused::bang::bang:

So lets tie up some loose ends

There is nowt wrong ecu as its been tested as okay

Swapping plugs and coil keeps the fault in the same place

Compression is good

So it leaves 1 of 2 things

Wiring fault to that coil - as a result it dont fire
An injector system fault - from faulty injector / wiring fault etc

Ziggy

Sorry need to clear that up BBA reman couldn't test the ecu so a current unknown. So yes I need to test for signal at coil; would I be able to "piggy back" from another coil in a wasted spark kinda way? If no signal ding wires and or pin test ecu. Same for injector I suppose. Headaches would have been nice to eliminate ecu issue? Will have to do it the laborious way to probably end up at the same conclusion ecu kaput? Any pointers for someone that can test ecu save the long windedness of dinging from memory it's a Hitachi unit

Back