r.i.p. radio1

Currently reading:
r.i.p. radio1

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0907/osbournek.html

a show bound to be full of... erm.. i dont know what to expect to be honest, but i know it wont get teenagers listening to the radio on a sunday.

Bring back the Peel Sessions (might be a little difficult...), Annie Nightingale, Friday Night Rock show, Andy Kershaw et al and start exposing teenagers to some real music again. I used to listen to radio quite a bit in my teens but now its pretty much crap. Now I only listen to XFM to get a teeny bit of alternative (most of the playlist is cack) and Smooth FM (not as good as when it was Jazz FM). At the this rate I'll soon be listening to Radio Four :(

Nowt wrong with Radio 4, even Radio 2 has its moments but still don't understand Radio 3. Local commercial radio is just awful. Have done work with a local station going for a RSL licence alongside some ex radio 1 DJs. What a strange world they live in.

Good riddance to it I say. Listened to it for about 6 month when I was a teenager, got bored very quickly. The DJ's were so far up their own ar*es it was silly. A lot of ex radio 1 DJ's have worked or now work on radio 2; Chris Evans and Steve Wright to mention 2, fortunately they got better with age.
Wasn't Andy Kershaw locked up for going too near his ex wife / grlfriend recently?

Last edited:
I don't want to hear to that nonsensical chunk. I want to hear john peels old sesh's back on air, repeated = yes, missed = defanatly, complaints = nill.

even annie nightingale got some good shows out, even though they were at bizarre times

Wasn't Andy Kershaw locked up for going too near his ex wife / grlfriend recently?

I think he was. He did however promote a lot of obscure bands that otherwise would never have been given airplay. (y)

I don't want to hear to that nonsensical chunk. I want to hear john peels old sesh's back on air, repeated = yes, missed = defanatly, complaints = nill.

even annie nightingale got some good shows out, even though they were at bizarre times

Always remembered "Annie after Dusk/ Dark", straight after the Sunday evening top 40 run down. The first time I ever heard The Sex Pistols, Bauhaus, The Clash, Thomas Dolby, Buggles, Kraftwerk etc. was on her programme (y) (y) (y)

They main thing they need to sort out is the music they play on friday and saturday nights!! and that westwood, since when has playing bomb sounds over songs made them sound better?

scott mills is my favourite show though.

I've found myslef driving a nice big comfy german barge whilst listening to Radio2 please help me :cry:

In fact that's a lie I don't want help really like Radio2 now :eek:

They play the decent new songs out and lots of "real" music :worship:

Chris Moyles should get chucked off (the others with him can be funny) but all moyles is interested in is himself & has s*it taste in music.A DJ (IMO) is someone who plays music without a opinion on them (at least not slagging songs off like John Peel) after all most of them are muppets....errrr I mean puppets & a face in the modern radio 'industry'.

Rock radio Scotland 96.3 forever :slayer:

(p.s. I also listen to radio 2 sometimes (am I old?) & talksport at weekends/evenings)

Chris Moyles should get chucked off (the others with him can be funny) but all moyles is interested in is himself & has s*it taste in music.A DJ (IMO) is someone who plays music without a opinion on them (at least not slagging songs off like John Peel) after all most of them are muppets....errrr I mean puppets & a face in the modern radio 'industry'.

Rock radio Scotland 96.3 forever :slayer:

(p.s. I also listen to radio 2 sometimes (am I old?) & talksport at weekends/evenings)

Agreed, really dislike Chris Moyles - who actually does like him?!

Chris bloody Moyles - just hearing the name makes my blood boil. Fat, ugly, loudmouthed, egotistical tosser from Leeds - why on earth does anyone like him?

Don't know anyone who can stand Sara Cox, her voice grates like nothing else and she talks complete, utter and total crap. As for Westwood, well he's just a joke gone wrong isn't he? Kelly Osbourne is just a continuation in a long line of dross.

All the decent shows are late at night - Rob da Bank, Eddie Halliwell, Fabio & Grooverider, Annie Nightingale, Bobby & Nihal, Julesy and Pete Tong. Zane Lowe plays some damn fine tunes although he is a bit of a twot...

If only Chris Evans and Steve Wright had stayed at R1, they're by far the worst DJs on R2. Evans' voice gives me an urge to commit GBH with a frying pan, and Wright's show is basically a butt-kissing marathon :rolleyes:

Whoever suggested repeating the John Peel sessions, that gets my vote (y)

Back