R.I.P. Marea

Currently reading:
R.I.P. Marea

I would just like to say a formal farewell to Marea.
She was a beautiful car and served me well over the years. I will miss her.

I cannot discuss any of the circumstances here until the insurance claim has been settled. The insurers and their agents have been helpful though.

A big THANKYOU to everyone at Skeggy. You were brilliant and I know I shouldn't have expected any less but your help and support really did help. :D

Special thanks must go to Helz. (y) :worship:
She put up with me and a very hyper Jack whilst been directed through fields, back roads and town centres by both me and her satnav.
I award Helz the forum Medal of Honour for services above and beyond that expected. Thanks Helz, Lots of Love.

I heard about this through the FF grapevine. Gutted to hear she's gone, but releaved to hear you and Jack are fine. Another end of summer Fiat casualty :(

Should have added I hope she has impressed you enough to consider another Marea as replacement in the fullness of time.

Last edited:
We discussed it a fair bit already but I'm so pleased you were all ok, amazingly came out with only one scratch and having seen the car and the site, she served you well when you needed her most. I know you'll miss her though :( And no worries about the lift, excuse the satnav, it's been given a very dirty look, I've called it a few names and it's promised to behave next time! Saw your shiny Vicky coming up the road as I left, how do you always manage to pick cars with girls names :chin: ?

Yeah it was really nasty sounding, and the car did well considering (y)

Oh no, sorry to hear that another Fiat has bitten the dust :(

Glad you are ok Polecat, that's the main thing. This really has been the summer of dying Fiats :cry: Maybe I did a good thing to leave the UK for three months...

Hope no-one swerved off the road and crashed into my Fiats on my driveway whilst I've been away :eek:

And Bulldog, you've got another Marea?!!! Nice one (y)

From seeing the pictures it's surprising that everyone got out with no injuries (other than to a carton of milk).
Respect to polecat and crew for still making it to Skeggy though, and only 2 hours later than planned! :D
H

was good you were all okay and brill you still made it to skeg. :)

hopefully you all still enjoyed the weekend & good luck sorting everything out.

Back