R.I.P Lotus7 :(

Currently reading:
R.I.P Lotus7 :(

lost the back end in the wet (rear wheel drive). Was on a bypass and the back end spun out, it went up a kurb and spun 360 degrees the hit the crash barrier head on, and i ended up backwards in the middle of thr road. All the front end is smashed and none existant,the steering and brakes have twisted wheels buckled and 3 creases in the chassis. Im totally gutted :cry: My hubby saw it all happen too, as he was driving behind in my Sei, he really upset :( tiz a bloody good job he wasnt up the arse of the lotus or my sei would prob be dead too

poggy said:
At least you weren't hurt, have you got full insurance on it ?.

lol! I is hurting all rite,but i was damn lucky! Nearly killed Dan in the process too :eek: <another huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge hug Dan!>x
Tiz lucky another car didint hit us as its a 70mph road

Yeah tiz insured, they sending someone out to have a look. Tiz not like a 'normal' car though, hubby handbuilt lots of it

Do you think they will fix it or right it off. I guess you can buy it back as salvage and fix it yourself.

:eek:
I love those little Lotus 7's... a friend of mine's dad used to build them here in SA. They are great fun on track days. It takes months to build one (if you know what you are doing, and have the right tools)... not something you can just send to the panel shop to have repaired :(
Sorry about your loss... hope you are okay? :eek:

Noooooo, hope you're not too shaken, sorry to hear.

If it's any consolation, the roads up here were horrific yesterday - got the Marea into a drift and a little tank slapper on the way to work.

Arse nearly fell out.

Thats really bad news, its much more than a general accident as you know you hand grafted the car and its generally irreplacable :( But gives an excuse to get building again (best bit IMO) :) Least you got out of it with minor injuries.

My dads mate has got a 7 too, and its all too easy to loose the back end in the wet. Even my dads wildcat looses the backend and thats got wiiide tires on the rear, so unfortunately its just one of those things. Put it down to experience and get building again!

Is a load of steel tubing and one battered Sierra on the cards then Emm? :D

Glad to hear you're OK

hey hey im fine and thanks for all the hugs ;) must say it was very quick though. and definitly quicker than the sei ;) that was the first time id ever been in a road legal go kart other than a cinq hehe. and at least it wasnt petrol coming out of the front end, that made me brick it more than anything.

Well...its def. good to hear that youre both OK, cos it was a rather worrying thing to get a message saying "Ive just killed the 7" on the way back from the pub :(

Ah well..The car maybe hurt, youre not. That means its time to go one better. :D

The Jim said:
I'm surprised you're on the internet, I would have thought you'd be kicked out in the street :p

The wonders of Wi-Fi :p

hi guys, im so gutted the 7 was beautiful i keep looking at the pics of it that i got on my mobi of what it used to look like :cry: Its unreplaceable, dont think we will ever have another like it. Prob be next summer before we do anything about it now. Still i think that everything happens for a reason hey? We gona take the Pug205 out of hiding,stick some Tax back on it and have some fun in that through the winter me thinks

Btw.... Dan...here another hug for you! ;) ya can never have enough hugs from someone that tried to kill you!! P.S Hows your neck? Mine hurts bad me thinks i may have whip lash?!

Back