Technical Quick Question

Currently reading:
Technical Quick Question

pioneer_36

Hi everyone, I'm looking to to change my head light bulbs as the ones now aren't bright enough, which are the best ones to use (and where to buy them) and how would I go about fitting them.

Thanks everyone

hello what car have you go is it a mk1 punto or mk 2 ???

i used osram silverstar bulbs in mine and did notice a difference especially on the dipped beam light levels. i have a mk2 punto and changingthe bulb on the passnger side is horrible i had to unbolt my engine fuse box and move it slightly to change mine it was either that or take whole headlight unit out wich you need to remove bumper to do. i think mk1 puntos are alot easier. as for were i got my bulbs i actually got mine of ebay really cheap lol youjust need to check what fitting you need for your car. either by looking at existing bulb. or go into a halfords store and look in there lil gyuide book. beware if you have a mk2 punto though the fitting used can vary think it depnds on exact year of car but i am not sure.

I swapped mine about 2 years ago because I didnt think they were very bright. Got a pair of Philips vision plus bulbs from a local motor parts store for £20 - They were no different than the original bulbs.

Spotted this thread made me realise it wasnt just me that thought my lights are not very bright.

Was thinking of swapping my Philips bulbs for some of these ring ultras, so I Went to the bulbs4cars site. Having seen that the ring ultra are 60% brighter than standard, I am now unsure if I should swap them. As the Philips vision plus are advertised as 50% brighter, there is only a 10% increase.

Does anybody have any experiences with the difference between these bulbs? Or am I just blind :)

guessing when it comes to mk1 puntos that there must be lot of blind people out there

oh and were the philip's bulbs that you fitted the same type listed on the website or a lower spec type

Back