Technical Quick clutch cable adjustment question

Currently reading:
Technical Quick clutch cable adjustment question

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
So - if I turn the nut clockwise (as I face the windscreen) that is going to raise the clutch pedal yes? and anti clockwise will drop the clutch pedal height yes?

If the above is true (?) then which do I need to do to soften the bite so that the clutch holds a little when I take my foot off the pedal if that makes sense?

Just took a drive in the wifes clio, and her clutch pedal is quite soft, in the sense that you can let up quite quickly on the pedal, but the gear change is nice and smooth.
My old cinq was like this also - but I think something's wrong with the way I've adjusted the Sei as its rather jerky on downchanges (which may or may not be associated with another problem I'm in the middle of sorting)...

Anyway - any input would be much appreciated (y)

Travel (or difference between up and down measured from the steering wheel with a tape measure) should be between 115 and 155mm (it says here).

All else being OK, turning clockwise will lower the point of engagement.

I guess the Clio has a hydraulic clutch, so it'll adjust itself (until it dies).

ah.... that sorta makes sense then.
I think my car will be getting treated to a new clutch at some point - although I'm not 100% certain it needs it (yet - will have to see what happens when I've got the calipers re-adjusted).

Will have a fiddle with the adjustment and see if I can make things a little softer :)

Back