Technical Questions about lowering Sei SX

Currently reading:
Technical Questions about lowering Sei SX

cojones

I'm thinking of lowering me SX. I find the car to be a quite wobbly over 75mph. Wind and so. Bit uncomfortable to be making small, but frequent, trajectory adjustments.
  • Will lowering help on this?
  • How much can I lower, being conservative? I don't want to be hitting kerbs and speedbumps all the time...
  • Any other advantage on lowering the car, styling aside? Just looking to improve the car for a daily usage... Gonna dump my older car in favour of this you see... so I will use it again to commute :)
Cheers!

The sei isnt the most heaviest vehicle so perhaps catching a small wind should be expected.

40mm drop is considered 'ideal'

If you cart a lot of stuff around or mates about dont go lower than 40mm, however with a 40mm drop and a bit of weight in back it may catch on speedbumps etc frequently/occasionally depending on other factors such as tyre setup.

The vehicle will handle a lot better when lowered

Last edited:
Should I go safer and do 30mm? Or you directly recommend 40mm? I don't usually carry passengers, only very ocassionally.

Also, do you know of any quality kit that provides with good suspension and is not too expensive? Sorry I'm not very familiar with motoring terms, I'm kind of rookie in pissing about with car gutses...

And... how much insurance penalty can one expect from doing this?

Most insurance companies won't touch you if you're modified.

Is the SX the std car, i.e., non lowered? Then a 40mm drop will only be 20mm lower then the sporting so that'll be fine.

40mm drop on a sporting and speed humps get a bit too close.

It is a very standard SX, I bought it off and old lady who did 7K miles in 1 year, so I'm quite sure it's not modified at all... well, it has aircon, apart from that nothing else.

But how much in terms of insurance do you reckon? I am 28 and my license is over 4 years old, so it's not like they rip me off with insurance at the moment. It's only a bit more expensive because it's a right-hand drive car.

It is a very standard SX, I bought it off and old lady who did 7K miles in 1 year, so I'm quite sure it's not modified at all... well, it has aircon, apart from that nothing else.

But how much in terms of insurance do you reckon? I am 28 and my license is over 4 years old, so it's not like they rip me off with insurance at the moment. It's only a bit more expensive because it's a right-hand drive car.

phone your company,serousdly no noe can answer that question for you.
i doubt it will be a problem for you however some company dont touch mods period

Fair enough!! :)

About my other question... I guess I need to change both the springs and dampers for the 4 wheels... any good kit not too expensive? Where from?

Back