Technical Qubo Lounge Seat Back

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo Lounge Seat Back

Red Van Man

My Fiorino's a Qubo..
The metal frame's lower crossbar of the driver's seat back is seemingly so sharp that it's cut through the cushion in my car. Now it's attempting to make me two people!

I mentioned this to Stoneacre whilst the warranty was still valid (exp 1st Feb) and wyb the service desk girl suggested 'that might only be a 2 year item'... How do they do it? Any road up I hope Mr Service Guy who was dealing with it will be back on Monday so I should hear what the way forward will be.

If I have to pay, I wonder what the cost of a foam seat back is - also the cloth at the base is wearing away too where the metal is against me so I guess in order to maintain car value the cloth should be changed too. I did unzip it a couple of weeks back and I pushed the split foam back into place and for a day it was bliss, realising just how much protection and support it offers but the metal was really sharp - it felt like a right-angled piece of steel and the upper edge has the foam against it where it's cut through.

I'll keep you informed but why would this only be a 2-year warranty item if it's so? At the last service/MOT I had an advisory that a CV joint boot was split(ting) and so I had that changed having first enquired of Stoneacre if it was warranty. Again, that was a 2 year item sir...

R-V-M

Are you talking about the drivers seat with Height adjustment and lumber support and arm rest?
I thought these seats are the same in all models no matter what the spec the only difference will be fabric or leather
LUIGI

Last edited:
Yes, as described initially, driver's seat - (lumbar/height adjust and armrest irrelevant) but regardless of them being the same this lower seat-frame rail should not cut the cushion in two after 30,000 miles. I'm no heavyweight..

Leather isn't an option, all current models are (4) flavours of cloth, one for Pop, two for Lounge and one for Trekking.

Hope they sort this under warranty.

R-V-M

Are you talking about the drivers seat with Height adjustment and lumber support and arm rest?
I thought these seats are the same in all models no matter what the spec the only difference will be fabric or leather
LUIGI

Update;

I contacted Stoneacre (Scunthorpe) who are dealing with this.

The prices for a new foam pad only for the seat back and and cloth only came in at £133 for the pad and £211 for the cloth plus £192 to fit. £536 plus vat so a total of £629.80
A new car is approx £15000, I could buy nearly 24 seats parts (not the whole seat mind) for the same price of a whole car!

Spares are charged at mind-numbingly jaw-droppingly stupid prices. WHERE do they get those numbers from? I'd guess a seat cushion is perhaps a fiver to produce and the cloth maybe a tenner plus sewing it into box shape and insert a zip, say £25 tops for the pair.

When I get time (looks like I'll have plenty of that in the next few weeks...) I'll be dismantling the cover and gluing the cushion together, filing the frame rail flat and binding it with duct tape to protect the cushion and reassembling for under £5. The parts dept guy was really helpful suggesting a nearby tat yard for parts though I have seen precious few facelift Qubos since I bought mine (i.e. none) so there are not any in the scrappers yet - perhaps the seats are still the same as the older models, just different upholstery?

Anyway, I know I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know about prices but this was just FYI. I pointed out that the interior failing of the seat was hardly a 'trim' item but that's the Fiat ruling so that's how it remains.

R-V-M

I'll never get the hugs cost trim parts (not just fiat all manufactures) actually cost is probably 10% of what they charge surely the logistics can't cost that much to get the bits to the dealership?

Back