Technical qubo electric window problem.

Currently reading:
Technical qubo electric window problem.

Neilsmith

Hello all
Just a little advice please.*
Our car has just been into the garage as the drivers window stopped working. They called to say that it wasn't the motor which is covered by warranty. So they would need to charge us an hours labour to diagnose it. We have the go ahead. They then rang on Monday to say that the fault was the switch. Which was going to be £60 +the £85 labour to diagnose. They kindly said that they wouldn't charge to replace the switch. Too right I thought. I told them not to fit the switch and I would come and get the car. I bought a new switch and fitted it. And lo and behold it still doesn't work. So I set about checking. They had kindly left the wires to the motor bare. I check voltage at main wire 12.5v then the up wire with the switch operated 10.5v and the same for the down wire.i then used a jump wire to supply live to each wire. .. nothing. My car history is long and I have checked and diagnosed lots of faulty motors. This is telling me that the motor is dead. But I'm doubting myself. By the way I checked the same wires on the passenger side which is working. And get the same readings. Also both old and new switches give same results. Any thoughts? ?

Update. The motor definitely is ok. I've removed it and connected it to the passenger side wiring and it runs fine. I've copied this from the general section where I initially posted it.

Back