General Qubo 2011 cabin fumes

Currently reading:
General Qubo 2011 cabin fumes

GazzP87

Hi all.
I’ve only had the car a week or so. I’ve been noticing exhaust fumes in the cab when I stop. It’s worse when the air con or fan is on.
Any ideas?
It’s still under warranty so I’m sure the dealer will help out. They’ve been good so far.
Thanks

Hi, welcome, sure you will enjoy the car once this is sorted.
How much have you driven the car?
Could be a spill burning off which should clear after some decent journeys.
Could be a leak from just about anywhere but hopefully easy to fix once found, your dealer is the best bet.

There was a popping sort of click sound from mine for a while with a fume smell, fixed by re-seating an injector.

Yeah I thought that but it shuts ok. It seems to be when the fans on so I’m guessing it’s something in the engine bay.

It’s not been that bad since I’ve mentioned it. I will try again today with the air on on. You say expensive but what are we talking ? Hundreds or thousands?

Got the news from the dealer today that it’s the injector seals that have gone. Could this cause any other damage to the engine. Again it’s the 1.3 MJ. Diesel.

Got the news from the dealer today that it’s the injector seals that have gone. Could this cause any other damage to the engine. Again it’s the 1.3 MJ. Diesel.

Unlikely..

Its obviously leaking to atmosphere.. so other than mess..contamination and fire risk

The mixture within combustion chambers should have been fine :)

Back