General putting bucket seats in ur car

Currently reading:
General putting bucket seats in ur car

stripey stilo

rite just found out this is a very enoying thing to do but is posible.

the main consern is the air bags in the side of ur seats well the drivers side is reasonably easy to do

1) you will need a sub frame to which i have found a company that make 1 for the stilo. on the sub frame there is a resister that u connect to the air bag conector under the seat and then you just attatch ur seat to the sub frame. done

2) pasenger side is the same. but you have a preasure sensore under the fabric were you would sit. all this does is to tell ecu that there is some 1 in the seat and arms the air bag ready for deployment in case of an accident.
in other words if theres no 1 in the seat the airbag wont go off.
so wat you have to do is pull the preasure sensore out off the chair and have to leave it wired up under your bucket seat after fitting

this is the only way to do it so you do not get warnings on your dash.

to pnl i was warned off trying to do this with bucket seats with universal brackets attatched although is probably posible

stripey stilo said:
rite just found out this is a very enoying thing to do but is posible.

the main consern is the air bags in the side of ur seats well the drivers side is reasonably easy to do

1) you will need a sub frame to which i have found a company that make 1 for the stilo. on the sub frame there is a resister that u connect to the air bag conector under the seat and then you just attatch ur seat to the sub frame. done

2) pasenger side is the same. but you have a preasure sensore under the fabric were you would sit. all this does is to tell ecu that there is some 1 in the seat and arms the air bag ready for deployment in case of an accident.
in other words if theres no 1 in the seat the airbag wont go off.
so wat you have to do is pull the preasure sensore out off the chair and have to leave it wired up under your bucket seat after fitting

this is the only way to do it so you do not get warnings on your dash.

to pnl i was warned off trying to do this with bucket seats with universal brackets attatched although is probably posible

Thankyou for this information stripey i am sure the ppl on this forum will be gratfull for this but you didnt tell us the name of the company that makes this subframe also as i previous mentioned in my original thread there are wires going up into the back of the seats and there are two conectors under the seat one of which conects to this upper air bag and the info that you have been given does not tell us what is done with THIS conector do you just leave it under the seat with an open circuit ? and the seat sensor in the passenger seat i agree could possibly be left underneath but there again there is also an uper seat airbag wire here to so do we leave this just dangling with an open circuit ? it will be interesting to see this done but as fiat cars are a pain in the A electricaly i think ill let someone try first :eek:

Last edited:
PNL said:
Thankyou for this information stripey i am sure the ppl on this forum will be gratfull for this but you didnt tell us the name of the company that makes this subframe also as i previous mentioned in my original thread there are wires going up into the back of the seats and there are two conectors under the seat one of which conects to this upper air bag and the info that you have been given does not tell us what is done with THIS conector do you just leave it under the seat with an open circuit ? and the seat sensor in the passenger seat i agree could possibly be left underneath but there again there is also an uper seat airbag wire here to so do we leave this just dangling with an open circuit ? it will be interesting to see this done but as fiat cars are a pain in the A electricaly i think ill let someone try first :eek:

the wires going into the chairs for the air bags get disconected. and thesub frames come with a resister that they conect into. it works like a boss kit for a car with air bag they also have a similar system all it does is stop any errors come up on ur dash

ill get info posted asap on company

stripey stilo said:
the wires going into the chairs for the air bags get disconected. and thesub frames come with a resister that they conect into. it works like a boss kit for a car with air bag they also have a similar system all it does is stop any errors come up on ur dash

ill get info posted asap on company

Thanks mate (y) very helpfull info will be looking forward to all the info you can get hopefully this will work ok and there will be no further problems for ppl who wish to fit bucket seat into their cars and worry about the dreaded PING airbag warning lights :eek:

Just a quick question about the occupancy detection.

If the sensor is attached electrically, but just placed under the seat (so no faults appear) does the airbag controller know the passenger seat is occupied and therefore would deploy the front airbag in an accident? Or would the passenger not have the front airbag protection?

Stilo_ste said:
Just a quick question about the occupancy detection.

If the sensor is attached electrically, but just placed under the seat (so no faults appear) does the airbag controller know the passenger seat is occupied and therefore would deploy the front airbag in an accident? Or would the passenger not have the front airbag protection?

do you mean after installing the bucket seats

Yes...

Above it says leave under seat, does that mean in a correctly functioning way or not.

Back