Styling Put a SMALL sub in the GP

Currently reading:
Styling Put a SMALL sub in the GP

Having replaced the Door and rear speakers a few weeks ago I have finally got round to adding a sub to the GP (having put the wiring in when i did the rear speakers via an High line to Low line RCA adapter/ Although the sub and amp i got will run off high level line in :bang:) I wanted to maintain Maximum boot space and fit something that wouldn't be easy to damage..

I opted for one of these

managed to fix it to the plastic panel in the boot

No its not ear bleeding loud and i wasn't after that i was just after something to add a bit of depth to the music worth the money if thats what your after... Next to useless for waking the street as you drive to work at 6am but at least you can hear the music rather than drowning it out with bass

will try to get some pics up when i find my camera

Last edited:
Ripspeed. I tested one last week, as i have loads in my warehouse and i wanna shift them, they dont sound bad at all. cant recall the price....£49.99?

Ripspeed. I tested one last week, as i have loads in my warehouse and i wanna shift them, they dont sound bad at all. cant recall the price....£49.99?
What are you selling them?

Don't really like Ripspeed products, brought one of there flip out dvd players for my old car, was a load of crap. Half the time the screen wouldn't come out or would skip tracks then the thing stopped working altogether. A mate had a simular experience, hope yours is ok though andy.

It works ok at the moment (crosses fingers) i think a lot depends on how much you expect to get for £50 hell you'd be hard pressed to get a decent quality pair of components for that price the similar Alpine unit is £150 ish.. at least if someone is going to knick it its not worth a lot...

took me about an hour to wire in (excluding the speaker connections which are a real pain in the back passage) all fused down correctly at least a 10A supply isnt hard to pass through the car no monster holes needed the remote is connected to the fag lighter live supply via a switch so i can turn it off if needed just got to pull the remote control unit in at the weekend...

It does distort if driven hard but as i said i only want it to compliment the music not drown it out..

2310864686_8e7415b97a.jpg

2310867746_af7d983992.jpg

2310866190_facf301dca.jpg

Last edited:
How come you fitted this in the boot and not under the passenger seat? I put mine under it and secured it with 2 peices of velcro. It was completely hidden and you get a full boot space!

Last edited:
As i'd run the cables from the rear speakers that way to the RCA line adapter in the boot, as the earth post is right behind the sub in the boot in the boot I was thinking about getting something a bit bigger but then decided against it, thought about under the seat then realized the passenger seat sensor and grabber wires live under there and didn't want to go near them as they are well known to cause heart ache if disturbed.

As i'd run the cables from the rear speakers that way to the RCA line adapter in the boot, as the earth post is right behind the sub in the boot in the boot I was thinking about getting something a bit bigger but then decided against it, thought about under the seat then realized the passenger seat sensor and grabber wires live under there and didn't want to go near them as they are well known to cause heart ache if disturbed.

Fair enough. I've ran wires to the boot now as I've swapped the Ripspeed sub for a small 8" sony one (xplod thing with amp built in). Bit more bass than I was after but the Ripspeed one didnt have enough.

Looks good where you have put it, very subtle and you still have your boot space. Nice Kappa bag, is that for all your detailing products as it was turtle wax wheel cleaner in it by the looks of it.

Thats a good idea, i never got a bag though, i think i saw one on ebay the other day though.

Finally got round to the remote today the cable was too short :bang: fortunately it uses a standard 3.5mm stereo jack plug so i got a 2 mtr extension from the local electronics shop rather than set too and re wire it with a longer wire in between.

as a final idea i mounted a blue LED in each rear speaker housing so the rear speaker cones are lit up at night subtle but it looks good couldn't get a decent picture with the digital camera though shame as i think it looks great :(

2319393050_fa566a1a85.jpg

Back