Technical Purpose of 2 electrical valves near engine

Currently reading:
Technical Purpose of 2 electrical valves near engine

SpaceBird

My Tipo 1.4 DGT ie CAT from 1989 (52.000km) has 2 electrical valves connected on back (behind) of engine.
(see picture, I removed the plastic cover cap on the picture).
Valve nr. 1 is often ticking or vibrating like crazy during idling. This goes on and off. No specific pattern. When I take of the electric connector from valve 1 it stops stickling or vibrating. Maybe during driving the car it happens also but cannot hear it because to much other noises.
-
Question; Can anybody explain to me the use and or purpose of these 2 valves? Valve nr. 2 is 7539889 and is also used in other Italian cars like Lancia and Alfa but i've seen it in many different discriptions.
A good explination will be very much appreciated because in The Haynes repair manual (and others) I have, it is not documented, only carburator version and my Tipo has a single fuel injector sytem.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards
Spacebird

Attachments

• Schutboard valve's.jpg
    Schutboard valve's.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Thanks for your answer Charlie. No I do not mean the black relays. They are fine as also the wiring.
If you click on the picture you will see a switch marked 1 and one marked 2.
I think it has something to do with ""enviromental" reasons.

Last edited:
Those are for the gas tank evaporation gas recirculation system. There is a blue tube similar to the fuel lines running from the gas tank to the evaporation gas filter located in front of the right wheel arch, behind the front bumper. From there a tube is returning the gas to the intake, through those valves.

Those are for the gas tank evaporation gas recirculation system. There is a blue tube similar to the fuel lines running from the gas tank to the evaporation gas filter located in front of the right wheel arch, behind the front bumper. From there a tube is returning the gas to the intake, through those valves.
-
Thank you Robbie 13 for your explination! In the meantime I found it also on Eper. I want to get rid of the annoying knocking of valve "1", see picture of my first post, and want to disconnect the switch by just pulling it off..
Anybody see any objections?
slayer.gif

Attachments

• Milieu motor omgeving.jpg
    Milieu motor omgeving.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 42
Back