General punto !!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General punto !!!!!!!

DemonChilddc

i have a punto 55s .. my first car so dnt laff ! its better than a rover ! an i beat a fiesta ztec s with it so :p. any way any 1 know any good cheap mods 4 under the hud of the car .. like air fillters an that kinda thing that wouldnt break my bank about of about 100 pounds lol ! cheers if u do

Hi, and welcome!

No need for anybody to laugh at your car - Punto's are great!

There's not really a lot you can do with the punto engine, presuming it is a 1.2, you can have a few nice sounds though!
I think we attend to avoid K&N air filters etc here at the forum, apparently there is a nice GSR induction kit especially made for Punto's though by a guy at the forum called oldschool, I think.. £120, or something on the lines of that. With a good induction kit you will deffinately hear a better noise from your engine and a greater throttle repsonse - but I don't really know about top end performance - I don't believe it would drasticaly improve.

Anyways, enjoy you stay, and we're always happy to help :)

DemonChilddc said:
i have a punto 55s .. my first car so dnt laff ! its better than a rover ! an i beat a fiesta ztec s with it so :p. any way any 1 know any good cheap mods 4 under the hud of the car .. like air fillters an that kinda thing that wouldnt break my bank about of about 100 pounds lol ! cheers if u do

If its your first car I would avoid making any changes as your insurance company will have you over a barrel faster than you can say "I'm just calling to declare my..."

Hellcat said:
If its your first car I would avoid making any changes as your insurance company will have you over a barrel faster than you can say "I'm just calling to declare my..."

Just to let you know a lot of the insurance companies do not penalise you for having a GSR induction as it is rated to increase peak power by 5% or less.

The torque increase is 10Nm+ but this is not an issue for insureance companies because they seem not to understand what torque relates to.

you could get the mckrich performance chip for only 42 quid
check out the technical thread there is a sticky at the top off the page and read all about it(y)

Back