General Punto X reg Heater probs

Currently reading:
General Punto X reg Heater probs

Hi,
Just woundering if anyone can shed any light on my heater problem...
I have a 1.2 mia 2001 X reg.
My heater kicks out heat but the blower has stoped working, if u put ur hand in front of it u can feel a little bit of heat.
i dont think its a fuse cause it randomly started and stopped for a while, now its given up all together.
Any ideas, im cold and cant see out of my window!!!
Lisa x

Cool thanks for that Rover220, nxt question... does anyone no where the resister is and if its easy to replace/mend (bearing in mind im a girl!)
Thanks x

Cool thanks for that Rover220, nxt question... does anyone no where the resister is and if its easy to replace/mend (bearing in mind im a girl!)
Thanks x

it's mounted on the side of the heater fan up under the passengers side foot well with a multi plug on it

but i dont think it's at fault i think your having an earth problem as you have lost every speed

if yu folow the wires from the fan they come to a multi plug under the carpet area up the side this is were problems happen you need to get someone to bridge the earth connection through this plug as they cause resistance and stop the fan working

other likely faults may be the fan it'self has stopped working

Thanks littlepip17 x
Ok ive been doin some investergatin and started fidderlin wi a wire that loops down nxt to a big black plastic thing in the passenger footwell, and my fan started..... for a bout five mins then stopped again - does this sound like an earth problem? and ne ideas wot this wire is.
Im considerin just takin her to the garage to get her sorted, how much do people think this would be??
I know im being a proper girl but really dont have a clue and really appritiate ur guys help. :worship:

Lisa x

yes it's an earth problem as then quite common

if you take it to the garage and explain when you wiggle wires it works then tell them that a fiat techs told you that the earth wire will need bridging ie soldering as the terminals in the block have got hot and have become non conductive

some people have tried to replace the terminals but it normally fails again a month later

soldering the 2 wires together permanently is the best way to sort them

after giving the garage this detailed description it should take them no longer than half an hour to carry out the repair so shouldn't cost you much

Back