General Punto wont start

Currently reading:
General Punto wont start

Got into my punto this morning, and nothing. The engine turned once or twice, then just nothing happened when you turned the key.

Im guessing this is the battery as its already happened 3 times this year. Every time i call the recovery people out, they say the battery has gone and i need a new one. Cars shouldnt go through batterys this quick though :confused: The car has already been in a garage to look for why the battery is draining/dieing while its parkerd but they found nothing :confused:

So any idea's why im going through so many batterys. Its really annoying (n)

Thanks.

I had same problem after leaving car for a day, got halfords to check the battery and alternator which came back fine. I got told to change the starter motor so i did and it hasn't done it since :) and that was bout 6 months ago.

It could easily be the alternator. My bike got home fine one day only for the battery to be flat an hour later - and I mean totally flat like it was disconnected. When recharged the contacts sparked as I connected them. Odd? as the ignition was off.

I disconnected wiring blocks (easy on a bike which has few fuses) to find the generator was making the sparks. It had also boiled the battery to death. There was enough charge to flash the lights before going flat again.

When the battery is charged, connect the earth lead then put an ammeter between battery and live lead. If everything is off (including alarm, immob, stereo) there should be a zero current showing. If current is flowing - try disconnecting the generator. If that stops the current flow you know its the gennie. If it's ok you will have to pull fuses one by one and see which circuit is causing the current drain.

Back