Technical punto wont start

Currently reading:
Technical punto wont start

madpaddyracing

Hi im new to puntos my daughter has a 99 1.2 single point punto and when you go to start it she just spins over i have put petrol straight down the carb and it starts anyone had this probley or is it possible it could be a dry joint on the ecu plug

thanks colin

Passenger side, between the passenger chair and the door, on the floor. Should be about 1 inch in diameter and rubbery. Give it a push. Also, are you sure the orange key and 'CODE' light are going off before you try to start the car?

Its fairly obvious a fuel problem, so lay in a temp feed to the pump (after you've checked the crash switch and if it still won't start) that will confirm the pump is operating OK.

I presume the fuel pump fuse has been checked and is OK.

Cheers

SPD

Yes thanks for the help so far i have checked the cut off and thats ok and there is fuel coming up the pipe when you have the airbox off and turn it over there dosent seem to be any fuel dropping onto the butterfly ,i removed the small sensor on top of throttle body which has 2 filters and it dropped a load of fuel filters are clean and when i put it back it starts is this sensor ment to spray fuel when you turn the ignition on or does it spray as you turn the engine over

col

Back