Technical Punto wont start

Currently reading:
Technical Punto wont start

pyrrh0

My punto 55s wouldn't start last night. You could hear it turn over a few times and the noise slowly got weaker until it no longer would do anything. The lights / radio all came on fine.

This morning we tried jump starting it with a mates car. It sounded more hopefull, but it still wouldn't start (although at points it sounded very hopefull), suggesting that as well as the battery being flat there is something else wrong with it.

My mates says that the starter motor sounds to be working fine (its turning it over) and he thinks its either not sparking or there is a blocked fuel line. I know for a fact the spark plugs haven't been changed for a while. Im currently at work so i can't try the spark plug theory out.

I've checked all the electrical connections and given them all a good spraying down with WD40.

Anyone got any other ideas for when I pop home this lunch?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

hi,

anyway of knowing this without replacing?

Cheers

dave

it should still start if one of the coil packs is faulty since it usually only cuts the one lead out, sort the battery out then do the usual diagnostic stuff for fuel injected cars, check for spark, fuel injecting etc

After a decent jump start we've definatly worked out its something to do with the fuel injection. I've got Gary Hulme (onlyfiats.co.uk) coming to look at it tommorow. Thanks for your help everyone!

Did you find out what the problem was?
I have a similar problem that started yesterday. Not had time to check the sparks or Ht leads yet, so wondering how you sorted it.

Many thanks in advance.

My local garage found the fault, which was in the battery.
So thankfully a cheap and cheerful fix!

Back