General Punto turbo conversion

Currently reading:
General Punto turbo conversion

daviemm

Hey guys I need some help here! :confused:

I have a Punto 1.2 MIA n i would LOVE to install a dump valve...
However i realise i need a turbo first for this am i rite?
Can someone tell me if its possible to do wat i want n how would i go about it? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks
Dave

Just connect the dump valve to your induction kit, , connect the other end to your brake servo, and rev madly that should do it :rolleyes:

Or buy another piece of kit called "Autotrader" and look for a punto gt :p

Badger_Benji said:
Just connect the dump valve to your induction kit, , connect the other end to your brake servo, and rev madly that should do it :rolleyes:

Or buy another piece of kit called "Autotrader" and look for a punto gt :p
what a nice reply. :rolleyes:

hi mate in order to do the conversion you'd need the engine ecu and other various parts.
the gt uses a metal petrol tank where as others use a plastic one (iirc)

it would be cheaper to buy a gt, as when youinsure your 'mia' itll be down as engine conversion and bump up your insurance. if you want to do the swop then go for it, find a gt thats crashed/being broke for parts.

but imo it'd be cheaper to get a gt (y)

charlieboy said:
what a nice reply. :rolleyes:

Im sure im not the only one on car related forums, who is fed up of people asking about dump valves, and how can i fit engine from x into z, as there first posts, never an attempt to read the faq's etc.

I would personally like to meet the person who thought up atmospheric dump valves, and fire them out of a cannon, using nothing more than compressed air. Good news thats the end of my rant (well in this post)

Badger_Benji said:
Im sure im not the only one on car related forums, who is fed up of people asking about dump valves, and how can i fit engine from x into z, as there first posts, never an attempt to read the faq's etc.

I would personally like to meet the person who thought up atmospheric dump valves, and fire them out of a cannon, using nothing more than compressed air. Good news thats the end of my rant (well in this post)
it was his first post, he new to forum and you give him a dick of a response. you could have said "has been done before blahblahblah, use the search function please" or just told him straight

Im sorry I just have issues with people about wanting things just for the noise, thats what a hi-fi system provides :rolleyes:

right daviemm,custards here to lay done some sense ;)

1st thing you need ot realise the costs involved here.its not like adding an air filter. your talking £1000+ if a garage is doing the fitting easy/

you will find insurance a nightmare on a turbo conversion.
eg im an old duffer and pay about £400 fully comp on a turbo'd cinq.for half of that i can get a group 14 renault 5 GT turbo.
i'll bet oyur a lot younger than me so work out your cost :eek:

its much easier to buy a car with a turbo as standard

hey guys
thanks a lot for your replies
i apologise for not searching first, i can understand how you mite get pissed off :eek: jus havnt used this site at all really.
also, i came across wrong on my original post, i did say i wanted a dump valve for the noise, however that is a bonus, i actually wanna turbo convert my car to take it to a local show in my area and show it off.
like i said thanks again everyone, i think my best bet is to buy a punto GT :D like charlieboy said :slayer:

No worries, dude, sorry if i offended, and thank you for seeing both sides, a gt would mean no spannering and alot easier to maintain, as its all of the shelf, there is also a massive range of upgrades for a gt as well.

Badger_Benji said:
Im sorry I just have issues with people about wanting things just for the noise

its one reason i turned towards wanting turbo power rather than N/A power :p

so... in the long run it is easier to buy a complete PGT, and cheaper too (kinda, we all know what fiats are like :p)

pinin__prestatyn said:
http://www.saber-edv.com/

here you go. Chav-tastic.

P.S you can have a dump valve in any car, however without the turbo it'll be a bit silent :p

jesush H she's mingin.

if thats what your gonna pull with that plastic thing I'd gladly burn the wharehouse to the ground and save all humanity:yuck:

as for the actual thread buy a GT, a decent fairly stock one will set you back around a grand and make you very happy, just make sure you have an insurance quote you can actually afford (using actual reg number of car your gonna buy, as just a guess usually ends in tears) BEFORE you pay and sign for it:cry:

Any1 lost ther sight, that the fact of the matter is your discussin turbo charging a mia...

Hiya blondie here. I think its a great idea doing the conversion!Im only saying it because im in the middle of doing my mk1 punto sporting.Im lucky tho cos ive found a gt turbo for sale for 800 quid and ive done sooo much body work etc to mine i would lose out.But i advise you do have to way it up.Try salvage yards for gts wiv a rear end written off and try Adrian flux for an insurance qoute they look at it as tho your an enthusiast.But i am a bird and blonde!!!!!!!!!!!

Back